Position has now been filled.
Job Vacancy: Sous Chef – Public at Manchester City FC
Location – Manchester City Football Club
F3 is recruiting for a Sous Chef – Public to join their team at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
Purpose of role
To assist with the day to day operations within the C&E business. with emphasis on planning, preparation and delivery of match day public food to set standards in line with agreed budget.
To plan, facilitate and implement a public food offer that delivers a premium experience on match days alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To work within the full time Culinary team as a Sous Chef, maintaining excellent food, health & safety and food hygiene standards.
- To cover in the absence of the Head Chef and ensure operational quality and company standards are maintained.
- To set Public food specifications with photos and costed recipe cards for match day public food items and assist with C&E specifications in similar manner.
- Assess market trends to identify new commercial opportunities, potential new products, assist with developing business cases and realise benefits.
- All Public food items should be accurately costed using the purchasing database and signed off by F3 Executive Chef and Head of Public Operations prior to being presented to the client
- To assist in the implementation and mobilisation of catering and/or hospitality capital projects, working in conjunction with the ID team and FM team where appropriate
- Increasing catering spend per head within the Public match day operations
- Identifying efficiencies within the match day operation that will improve P&L and operational performance.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and food handling are always achieved by all employees within kitchen/kiosk areas as to the company health and safety standards
- To ensure the highest standards of food service and presentation always across both C&E and match day business.
- To react quickly and efficiently to clients/supporter requests and changes in arrangements.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures, ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded on waste control sheets.
- To ensure the control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur. All breakages must be reported to the Unit Manager and recorded on the maintenance log.
- To ensure appropriate compliance paperwork is completed for inspection i.e. Goods Received, temperature control records, refrigeration & freezer sheets, HACCP and COSHH.
- To assist in the preparation of public culinary rotas in line with the budget and presented to the Head of Public Operations and Executive Chef for sign off.
- All rotas are to be built in the scheduling system prior to any shifts being worked, the process of clocking in and out and the fire register.
- Be able to proactively support departmental administration, recruitment and training.
- Encourage personal development, passion for food and innovative thought across the Public and Culinary team.
- Continually assess the wider match day team ensuring they are trained to a level that enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- Ensure all employees always adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene, including PPE.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all menu tariff planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed, ensuring operating targets are met.
- Have a thorough understanding of Procurement system. Be able to place orders using the purchasing database in line with supplier cut offs.
- To carry post-match and weekly hygiene checks of kiosks & kitchens to ensure that they are left match ready.
- To ensure that all Public employees are compliant regards food safety training and have the appropriate level of training to be able to carry out their departmental tasks.
- To manage Public food production and support the Head Chef with any other production carried out in CPU so that employee payroll is in line with the budget.
Qualifications and experience
To be fully conversant with:
- The standards and procedures within the stadium for fire, security, health and safety.
- The standards and procedures within the business for personal hygiene, food hygiene and safety.
- The operating standards and procedures within the stadium for the service of food and beverage.
- The methods of payment accepted by the company.
- The standards for cash and payment handling.
Qualifications and experience
- Back of house culinary management experience in large-scale operations within a fast-paced environment.
- Level 3 Supervising food safely certificate.
- Customer focused, and solutions driven.
- Proficient user of excel and word.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Be able to adapt and embrace change
- Attention to detail.