Job Vacancy: Senior Line Chef at St. George’s Park
Hilton at St George’s Park is recruiting for a Senior Line Chef to join their team on a part time basis.
- Do you know what it takes to supervise a team to deliver excellent standards on time, every time?
- As a supervisor are you supportive, enthusiastic and inclusive?
- Do you take pride in ensuring the highest standards of food quality and food safety?
- Are you passionate about working with high quality ingredients and sustainability in the food chain?
If so, the Hilton Senior Line Chef role is tailor made for you!
This role is working a minimum of 30 hours a week with extra hours available. Any hours worked over 39 are paid at a rate of x1.5. Senior Lines Chefs are paid £10.89 per hour.
The Big Stuff
- Our Senior Line Chefs ensure that a wide range of carefully designed dishes are prepared, presented and delivered with pride and precision.
- Senior Line Chefs will support with the delivery of high quality food in all outlets and you will provide food for all occasions – including breakout options for those attending meetings and banqueting events.
- As an integral part of the kitchen team, our Senior Line Chefs contribute to the overall commercial performance of the business whilst delivering excellent Guest and Team Member experiences.
- At the heart of our kitchen operations, each team member follows standardised processes designed to ensure an efficient delivery of high quality centralised menus that provide our guests with a high quality dining experience.
The Standard Bits
- To ensure the delivery of high quality, consistently presented menu items
- To manage food cost controls
- To ensure compliance with all food safety requirements.
- To track, monitor and minimise waste
- To ensure a focus on sustainability targets
- Perform against KPI targets for the kitchen in a balanced scorecard that covers financial performance, Guest experience, and our Team Member experience
- To ensure adherence to the cook book specifications, processes and visuals
- When appropriate to deliver creative and bespoke solutions that ensure Guest needs are addressed
The Fun Bits
- To work with the Executive Head Chef to ensure new menus are implemented as appropriate to the business needs
- To create conditions that help team members to thrive at work allowing them to be their authentic selves
- To work with the hotel leadership team to develop a workplace culture that recognises and rewards good work
The Day to Day Stuff
- Working shifts (including evenings and weekends), we can guarantee that there will be plenty of variety and opportunity to both work hard and have fun in the workplace.
What are we looking for? (Essential Experience/ Qualifications)
- Previous senior line chef or line chef
- The ability to adapt and make changes quickly ensuring the highest standards are retained.
- Relevant food preparation qualification – Hospitality & Catering – Level 2 (or equivalent )
- Qualification in food safety and a track record in managing all aspects of food safety
Preferred Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in a quality production style / branded environment
- Evidence of ability to lead change with new technologies and ways of working
- Basic Food Safety Qualification (or equivalent)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Find out more and apply for the Senior Line Chef job vacancy at St. George’s Park.