Position has now been filled.
Job Vacancy: Payroll Officer at Birmingham City FC
Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Hours of work: 37.5hrs per week
Application Closing Date: 31/08/2019
We currently require a Payroll Officer to work within our Finance department to support a monthly payroll of approximately 1000 employees.
Applicants should have full knowledge of all aspects of payroll and related procedures and be able to process a payroll from start to finish including accurate processing of new starters and leavers.
The ideal applicant will have worked within a similar busy payroll environment with the ability to work under pressure and work to strict deadlines. Excellent administration and organisational skills are required.
Payroll Officer Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage a monthly payroll of approximately 1000 employees.
• Assisting with the processing and end to end control of each payroll run
• Process payroll from start to finish.
• Accurately process new starters and leavers.
• Payroll administration
• Planning and prioritising own workload to ensure accurate and timely processing and validating of the work in accordance with Service Level Agreement’s (SLAs) and company procedures
• Entering and checking employee amendments, including starters, leavers, bank detail changes, personal data, ad hoc payments and deductions, and tax record amendments on the payroll system
• Validating and distributing BACS salary payments each month
• Administrating tasks such as dealing with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) queries, providing data to internal HR and filing/archiving data
• Running regular and ad hoc reports from the Payroll and accounting systems for HR, Finance, and Internal and External auditors
• Liaising with colleagues, internal departments, and agencies as appropriate to resolve queries responding to employees via telephone, post, and e-mail
• Working regular extended hours during the monthly Payroll cycle, and as ad hoc business demands dictate
• Produce and complete statutory paperwork (P45’s, P46’s etc) in accordance with set deadlines.
• Maintain and ensure all employee information remains up to date on the payroll system.
• Monitor and process Maternity and Paternity and Parental leave as and when applicable.
• To prepare and provide information as and when required regarding Mortgage and reference requests for all Casual employees.
• Provide information for Government Departments i.e. DWP, CSA and AEO’s.
• Monitor Payroll office incoming and outgoing post.
• Assist the Payroll Manager with all payroll related and administration tasks as and when required.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Full knowledge of all aspects of payroll
• Understanding of using SAGE
• Ability to organise and work to tight deadlines
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Must possess excellent attention to detail
• Manages their own development
• Accurate data entry skills
• Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fluent in English Language
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
• Worked within football previously
• Previous dealings with HMRC
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
• Proactive and helpful attitude
• Role models good team behaviour
• Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others
• Ability to work flexible hours
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
Find out more and apply for the Payroll Officer job vacancy at Birmingham City FC.