Job Vacancy: HR Officer at Birmingham City FC
Department: Human Resources
Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Hours of work: 37.5hrs per week
Application Closing Date: 18 August 2019
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated HR Officer has arisen within our human resource department. The duties include the following:
HR Officer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide basic advice on the policies and procedures to staff and managers.
- Manage general recruitment inbox and send appropriate responses accordingly.
- Manage the ongoing administration for the recruitment of casual workers from the application stage through to appointment.
- Assist the Head of HR with managing the recruitment of staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Dealing with administration for all new starters (both permanent and casual) including entering personal information onto relevant HR and Time & Attendance system, checking ID/eligibility to work, ordering ID passes.
- Create personal files for all new starters and ensure that all necessary documentation is present and correctly completed.
- Verify DBS checks as and when required.
- Assist the Head of HR with inductions for new starters.
- Sending out contracts, reference checks and right-to-work.
- Monitoring holidays, lieu time, sickness and all other absence within the business and ensuring relevant systems and payroll are informed.
- Assist with meetings with employees and line managers where necessary, taking notes where necessary.
- Manage all work experience requests and send out starting letters and work schedules accordingly.
- Maintain employee and general files.
- General administrative duties such as copying, filing, phone answering, performing diary management and dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Maintaining all information in regard to benefits for employees.
- Dealing with basic HR queries.
- Undertake staff investigations where necessary.
- Taking minutes in disciplinary and grievance meetings and sending out relevant correspondence.
- Ensuring appropriate steps are taken to ensure leavers are exited from the business and drafting resignation acceptance letters.
- Ensure appropriate security for all HR-related information at all times.
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of all documentation and ensure that all relevant data is kept up to date and maintained.
- Collating and producing ad-hoc reports from the HR system.
- Arranging, organising and co-ordinating training for all staff.
- To assume responsibility for other tasks and projects which may arise or be delegated from time to time.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Head of HR.
• CIPD qualified or working towards a qualification
• A good standard of education (e.g. GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English)
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Human Resources administration
• Knowledge of producing accurate employment/ contractual documentation and correspondence
• Ability to work to deadlines and within defined standards
• Ability to compose and produce standard letters and reports using IT applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
• Excellent Administration skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Must have keen attention to detail
• Must possess excellent written communication skills including good grammar and spelling
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information
• Ability to undertake notes/minutes at meetings
• Ability to undertake routine calculations
• Ability to undertake general office practices and procedures
• Skilled in prioritising workload, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities
• Tenacity, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment
• Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information
• Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behaviour
• Highly organised
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
Find out more and apply for the HR Officer job vacancy at Birmingham City FC.