Position has now been filled.
Job Vacancy: Head of C&E Sales at Aston Villa FC (Maternity Cover)
Aston Villa FC is recruiting for a Head of C&E Sales, based at their iconic Villa Park Stadium.
DEPARTMENT: Non Match Day (C&E) Sales
REPORTS TO: General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Senior & Sales Coodinators
VENUE: Villa Park, home of Aston Villa Football Club
Nature & Scope of Job
A hands-on senior sales position responsible for the overall performance of the conference and events (C&E) sales team and the growth of C&E business at Villa Park (AVFC).
An important part of the role will be to develop beneficial and productive relationships with new C&E clients, especially those from Venue Agencies, Production Companies, Live Communication Agencies and Associations to bring in large events for the Princess Suite. As such the person fulfilling this role will have strong client relationships within the UK C&E market, and a strong local knowledge of Birmingham and surrounding areas which feed into the city.
The Head of C&E Sales will play a key role in the development and production of AVFC’s sales and marketing materials and manage awareness and participation in industry trade shows and exhibitions.
They will be the face of AVFC in this market, to represent & create awareness of the venue & its capabilities to deliver a great C&E option.
The Head of C&E Sales will be responsible for the production of key financial reports, budgeting and forecasting, as well as directly managing the team of coordinators on a day to day basis, whilst driving a proactive culture within the team.
1. Responsible for the delivery of AVFC’s non-match day C&E sales budget
2. To create, implement and execute the key strategies set within the business plan along with an effective S&M plan in line with agreed budgets
3. Lead, motivate and inspire the C&E sales team to achieve KPI targets – both re-active & pro-active.
4. Expand business from existing AVFC customers with the support of robust Account Plans
5. Lead and encourage a performance-oriented sales culture throughout the AVFC C&E sales team
6. Understand, research and implement plans to deliver new business from new market segments
7. Manage company participation and represent the Stadium at relevant exhibitions and trade shows
8. Manage all C&E brand and marketing activities including website content and usability – Working with the club and focus on digital strategy with Levy Marketing team
9. Ensure AVFC brand standards are maintained by clients, internal customers and suppliers alike
10. Implement sales and marketing processes to enhance quality, consistency and efficiency
11. Proactive and positive management of AVFC relationship with LVP Central reservations team
12. Lead & to be responsible for customer satisfaction feedback & results
13. Achieve appointment targets of 8 proactive appointments per month and actively be out of the venue minimum of 1 day per week on appointments
14. At all times be an ambassador for AVFC, building strong relationships with customers, clients and the club
The job holder is accountable for:
1. Achievement of C&E sales and profitability budgets
2. Authorship, ownership and adherence to Sales and Marketing plan
3. Management and delivery of account plans
4. Setting and achievement of the C&E Sales Team’s KPIs with the Senior Sales Co-ordinator
5. Accurate activity reports including Delphi
6. Accuracy and alignment of presentation and marketing material
7. Development and promotion of AVFC as a C&E Venue
8. Management of the AVFC databases to promote and market AVFC’s products and the services.
• Candidate should be educated to at least ‘A’ level standard and will preferably be a graduate.
• A post graduate qualification in business or marketing would be highly valued
• Will have extensive sales and marketing experience within the UK conference and event industry with a proven track record of meeting sales targets
• Will be experienced in performance managing teams to achieve KPIs, producing sales plans and targets, and developing business strategy to achieve growth expectations
• Will have a vast knowledge of the Birmingham corporate market & an existing network of contacts
• Revenue Management
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity
• Must live within commuting distance of Birmingham
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Must be fully aware and cognizant of the C&E Sales Process including flexible pricing
• Must have past evidence and experience in proactively managing and motivating a successful sales team
• Proven sales activities and results orientated
• Leads by example and shows that they love what they do
• Must show initiative and be a confident decision maker
• Must be able to establish and build positive working relationships on integrity and command the respect of others.
• Good negotiator and able to influence at all levels
• Will have a generally outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction
• Must be able to communicate effectively with potential clients, with employees from all parts of the company and able to present a highly professional image when representing the Company.
• Must be self-motivated, positive at all times and have the ability to maintain focus in the achievement of sales targets
• Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work and be fully knowledgeable of all sale processes
• Must be able to organize him/herself and others effectively
• Must be competent in Microsoft Office and have a good understanding of database management
• Will have excellent communication skills, verbally both on the phone and in person, and written
• Will be an effective team worker as a key member of the senior management team
• Be an ambassador for LRUK and to show a drive for achieving excellent standards of C&E food and delivery as part of the senior team
Closing Date: 31st August 2019
Find out more and apply for the Head of C&E Sales job vacancy at Aston Villa FC, by emailing Laura Johns.