Job Vacancy: Head Chef at Watford FC
Location – Vicarage Road – Watford Football Club
F3 are recruiting for a Head Chef to join their team at Vicarage Road, home of Watford FC.
Purpose of role
To plan, facilitate and implement a catering operation that delivers a premium experience on match days and events alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To assist the Executive Head Chef in management and execution of the catering operations plan to ensure the optimal delivery of a world class match day experience/customer experience and ensure that the club surpasses supporter expectations in line with agreed budgets.
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation of these areas are achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To set ‘Food Specs’ and ‘Photos’ with recipe cards for the Conference and Events and assist with the specs for Match Day
- Assist in assessing ‘Market Trends’ to identify new commercial opportunities by developing business cases.
- To assist in the implementation and mobilisation of catering and hospitality capital projects.
- Increasing catering spend per head.
- Identifying efficiencies within the match day catering operation that improve ‘P& L’ and operational performance. To ensure that all food, liquor, equipment and sundry items are charged appropriately to the client via the daily charge sheets.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygiene food handling are achieved at all times by all employees within kitchen areas as to the company health and safety standards.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate. To achieve budgeted cost of sales
- To ensure the control of all department equipment.
- To ensure appropriate paperwork for example ‘Goods Received’, ‘Temperature Records’ and ‘Fridge Record Sheets’, ‘HACCP’ and ‘COSHH’ are completed and are filed in accordance with set guidelines.
- To prepare the casual employee rotas and ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating budget.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all menu planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed ensuring operating targets are met
- To ensure hygiene audits are carried out regularly and to carry out six monthly risk assessments in all kitchen areas.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of managing events in large scale restaurants within a fast paced environment.
- Proficient user of excel and word.
- Customer focused and solutions driven.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Team player with an understanding of people.
- Open minded and able to embrace change.
- Ethical and honest.
- A “can do and will do” attitude.
Find out more and apply for the Head Chef job vacancy at Watford FC, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job vacancy closes when right applicant found.