Job Vacancy: Events Sales Co-ordinator
Fabulous Fan Fayre at Watford FC is recruiting for a new Events Sales Co-ordinator to be based at their Vicarage Road Stadium and working in their Conference & Events Department.
Purpose of Role:
The Events Sales Co-ordinator’s role will be to drive, generate and develop new and existing business through a proactive sales approach. To co-ordinate & manage the logistics of non-match day events and ensure an accurate function sheet is produced on time and communicated to all the relevant departments, to support the team and achieve the departmental revenue targets.
- Respond to all enquiries and customer requests in a timely and professional manner providing correct and accurate assistance or information that meets their needs.
- Manage the events booking system, adhering to company standards when inputting information.
- Create proposals, contracts, event briefs, event content and P&Ls inline with company procedures and policies.
- Gather final details and produce comprehensive function sheets which ensure the correct information is being communicated to the catering team and all other operational departments on a daily & weekly basis.
- Attend weekly function sheet meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- Organise the reception, stewards & security staff for event support.
- Liaise with external suppliers to book AV equipment, gifts and entertainment.
- Liaise with the operational departments to ensure that all events are co-ordinated and managed effectively on the day, to exceed customers expectations.
- Achieve the departmental sales targets through up selling, conversion, repeat business and conducting proactive sales calls to generate sales leads.
- Conduct client show-rounds of the stadium and attend networking events, also supporting with any FAM trips or client hosting events.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of local market through site visits and calls to generate up to date information on rates, packages and potential sales leads.
- Responsible for all internal and small scale external events from booking stage through to follow up and billing.
- Produce and issue pre and post event invoices within the agreed F3 contracted timescales, and that pre-payments are obtained where necessary within the contracted timescales, ensuring minimum contracted numbers are adhered to and all associated costs are reconciled to produce end of month figures for sales and costs.
- Support in delivering the marketing plan.
- Ensure that the venues guidelines are adhered to at all times (terms and conditions and house rules).
- Lead and attend interdepartmental meetings to discuss forthcoming events and sales leads.
- Achieve customer satisfaction scores and drive customer feedback surveys ensuring that standards are maintained.
- Passionate about sales and a drive to reach targets.
- Ability to manage and communicate clearly and effectively within a team.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
- Have the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Maintaining a customer focussed approach to the management of all external relationships.
- Excellent administrative and record keeping skills.
- Numerate to a good level of competence.
- Responsive to guidance and instruction.
- Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met.
- Performing commercially to deliver profitable growth.
- Entrepreneurial drive; identifying business needs and creating and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Maintaining well organised and detailed documentation records.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Experience of working in a similar position within an events team for at least 1 year.
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field.
- Understand the conference & events business as a whole, including Christmas, Weddings and Special Events.
- Pro-active and engaging style.
- A good communicator.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer care.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong ‘can do’ approach.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- High work commitment.
Find out more and apply for the Events Sales Co-ordinator job vacancy at Watford FC by emailing your CV to email@example.com.