Job Title: Engagement & PR Manager
Department: Brand & Marketing
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4NH
Hours of work: 37.5hrs week – must be flexible
Salary: circa £31k plus benefits
Application Closing Date: 9am on Monday 23 October 2017
Are you looking for a varied, exciting and challenging role? BCFC have a brand new role for an Engagement & PR Manager based at St. Andrew’s Stadium in Birmingham. The main purpose of the role is to develop and implement a new CSR strategy and programme of events, and actively engage and create partnerships with local people & community groups, charities, third sector organisations and other local service providers, to provide a positive impact on the local communities of Birmingham. The Engagement & PR Manager will lead on all Community engagement and development initiatives on behalf of the Club. They will also work in conjunction with the Club’s Equality Champions to implement and embed systems throughout the Club to ensure compliance with Equality & Diversity standards. This role supports the Club’s vision to enable even more effective and sustainable positive change for the communities of Birmingham and to measure the impact of our activities. The Engagement & PR Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of events, community and charity engagement activity, and PR campaigns across the Club.
- Qualification or extensive relevant experience in CSR and/or Community Engagement and/or Equality & Diversity
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership experience and a collaborative approach; able to influence and engage with colleagues across the Club and up to a senior executive/Board level
- Excellent PR and communications skills – both written and verbal
- Sound understanding of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice.
- Excellent stakeholder and community engagement skills
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic plans, and operational monitoring and evaluation frameworks relating to community benefits.
- Excellent project management, IT, communications and marketing skills
- Excellent skills in event organising, community engagement and growth
- Sound understanding of CSR best practice
- Ability to produce clear, accurate reports for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully manage a range of projects from start to completion.
- Experience in community engagement and CSR
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement activities and projects
- Experience of developing highly effective partnerships with other agencies and organisations to maximise joint working opportunities.
- Ability to successfully line manage staff
- Flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- You’ll be a great problem solver and project manager, happy picking up new concepts and using them to build systems that help us move forward rapidly with projects.
- Stakeholder Empathy – you’ll be building relationships internally and externally; You’ll therefore be a people person before anything else!
- Attention to detail – you’re comfortable switching tasks quickly without letting anything slip through your grasp.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, contributory pension, life assurance 2 x salary, free car parking, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Find out more and apply for the Engagement & PR Manager job vacancy at Birmingham City Football Club.