Job Vacancy: Concessions Manager at London Stadium (home of West Ham United FC)
Delaware North UK is hiring for a Concessions Manager to join our London Stadium team. Delaware North is a global leader in hospitality at sporting venues, national parks, airports, and casinos in North America, the UK and Australia. In the UK, you can find us at iconic venues like the above and in other amazing locations across the country.
Vacancy Type: Permanent
A day in the life of a Concessions Manager
- To work collaboratively with the Head of Concessions, the concessions team and culinary team to implement the effective operational delivery and financial planning to achieve departmental budget.
- To develop a record of sales on an event-by-event basis to enable future events to be planned more effectively.
- To achieve the agreed budgeted targets and maintain commercial focus on all aspects of the concession’s operation, including taking corrective actions where necessary.Areas of focus to include event day labour, event day stock to cash analysis, wastage, stock levels.
- To continually improve both the customer experience and the business performance by using the available business measures and tools to create and implement action plans, by taking the learnings after each event, and review with the Head of Concessions.
- To maintain an awareness of the local marketplace and relevant competitors, and to ensure that the customer journey is appropriate for each event.
- To communicate and train the agreed standards effectively to the variable workforce and to ensure that they have all the information they need to achieve the expected standards, adhere to health & safety policies and operate effectively. To monitor these standards on every day through to event days and take corrective actions as applicable.
A few perks of the job
- Generous 33 days holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Favourable pension contributions
- Access to LifeWorks, a wellness, perks and discount app
What we’re looking for
- History of working within a high-volume retail catering sales environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, demonstration of a self-starting and problem-solving character.
- Experience in managing large teams and teams that are made up of casual employees.
- Demonstration of working with technology platform that support business knowledge and process.
The hospitality industry is built upon the roots of diversity and here at Delaware North UK we are proud to bring talent together from all walks of life.
Are you ready to grow your career with Delaware North? Apply today!