Job Vacancy: Commercial Intern at Leeds United FC
Leeds United FC is recruiting for a Commercial Intern to join their team at Elland Road in Leeds.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday but may include weekend working on match days
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed Term (6 months)
Location: Elland Road Stadium, Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES
Summary of Role:
Leeds United FC currently has an opportunity for a Commercial Intern to join their team based at their fabulous Stadium on Elland Road, Leeds. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment. The role is diverse from working match days, concerts, conferences, events, meetings and dinners working with customers and clients. This person will assist the Commercial and Sponsorship team with administration, research and sales support to ensure they are meeting the requirements of their Clients.
This role is full time and includes weekend and the candidate must be flexible and adaptable to differing seasonal work patterns.
About The Company:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where they play at their fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football’s great theatres and is ‘the only place for us’ ever since. With a capacity of 37,890, it is England’s 11th largest football ground in the Premier League.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best they can be. Come be part of their fabulous team as they March on Together.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Providing administration support to sales managers and the commercial department staff.
- Providing the commercial team with research expertise on potential partners and sales targets.
- Co-ordination and management of commercial sponsorship team to include research, sector intelligence/insights and provide target lists to sales team.
- Effectively managing the administrative requirements of the sales team.
- The ability to write professional emails and letters to prospective partners and sales targets.
- Assist the sales team in providing exceptional customer care to the clubs’ key sponsorship accounts.
- Organizing hospitality bookings/merchandise for Club sponsors.
- Any other duties as and when instructed by the Director of Commercial.
- Coordinate conference calls and business meetings.
- Support with co-ordinating, setting up and running organised marketing/hospitality events.
- Support with correspondence to clients/potential clients.
- Provide information to clients.
- Maintain commercial/Sales databases Required Knowledge Skills & Experience.
- Experience in sales environment, ideally gained in a hospitality or advertising environment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong communication, follow-up and team orientation.
- Display flexibility with good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast-paced environment.
What they look for in a team member:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to use initiative and be creative
- Strong customer service skill
- Excellent communication skill
- Ability to prioritise case load and manage time effectively
- Confident and assertive
- Ambition, passion and willingness to learn
Equality & Diversity:
As they are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity, they welcome all applications. They want everyone to feel valued and included in the football community and to achieve their full potential. Leeds United is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Safeguarding & Recruitment:
Leeds United FC are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff, whatever their role will receive safeguarding training and will be expected to champion the culture of ‘safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility’.
All applications can be emailed to Lynsey Farnworth, the HR Business Partner at email@example.com. Closes 31st May 2022.