JOB VACANCY: Chefs (All Levels) at Birmingham City FC
Department: Executive Kitchen
Term: Home Matchdays and Events as required
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Salary: Competitive – Depending on skills
Application Closing Date: Ongoing
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on providing our guests with the finest sporting hospitality ensuring that our matchday and event cuisine is of the very highest standard. We are currently looking for a number of Chefs at all levels, who can help us cover home matches and events. The role entails the preparation and cooking of high quality food and assisting the catering team in ensuring an excellent level of food and service is provided to customers at all times. You may not have much – or any! – experience but if you have a passion for food and cooking, and want a career as a Chef, we want to hear from you!
• Assisting the Executive Head Chef in food preparation maintaining high culinary standards
• Ensuring that dishes are prepared and served on time
• Making sure that all the items of food offered to our customers on the menus are available
• Keeping the kitchen in a clean and workable condition at all times
• Ensuring all company policies, hygiene, health and safety regulations are followed at all times.
Ideally candidates should possess the following qualifications and/or relevant experience. Please detail in your application how you meet these criteria.
• Senior Sous Chef/ Senior Pastry Chef – A Michelin rated level Chef or Head Chef in 4 star hotels (includes Specialist Pastry Chefs). A fully qualified Chef responsible for overseeing matchday catering in a specific stand/area under direct supervision from the Executive Head Chef.
• Sous Chef – Fully qualified Chef ideally with over 15 year’s experience at 2 rosette stars level. Able to run their own section and/or area of the Stadium in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef.
• Senior Chef de Partie/ Pastry Chef – Fully qualified Chef ideally with up to 15 year’s experience and 4-star hotel background. Qualified Chef will have the competence to run and manage a kitchen department and to report directly to the Senior Sous Chef.
• Chef de Partie – Fully qualified Chef with predominantly pub experience (i.e. non fine dining) ideally with over 4 year’s experience. Qualified chef to NVQ Level 1 and 2 who is competent to take control of any given department in the Kitchen.
• First Commis Chef – Either part or fully qualified Chef up to NVQ Level 1 or 2 with little or no experience but competent to take instructions in all kitchen departments from a Chef de Partie.
• Trainee Chef – No formal qualifications but may be currently studying for a formal catering qualification, or has a real desire to develop a career as a Chef. Must be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and cooking, and willingness to learn and develop new skills.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes:
• Hard working, efficient, able to prioritise and work to a high standard under pressure in a busy quality driven environment
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent eye for detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
• Ideally have knowledge of Food Safety Law
• Be passionate about food and looking to develop their professional career
Chefs can be appointed on a PAYE casual basis or on a self-employed basis, please state in your application which type of contract you would prefer.
What we offer:
- Competitive rates
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience in an elite environment and help build the foundations of your future career
- Excellent on-the-job training
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- 10% discount in the Club’s Retail Superstore
How to Apply:
To apply for these exciting chef opportunities, please fill in our online application form, which has been designed to be quick and easy for you to use. Anyone interested should apply online here. CV’s will not be accepted.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.