For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- To support the Head Chef, Sous Chef & Senior Chef De Partie to performance manage the day to day activities within all aspects of kitchen operations. To drive customer satisfaction and embed customer advocacy within the kitchen operations team.
- To support the growth in services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with Client and Sodexo expectations
- To support writing menus and continuously work to develop and improve the food proposition at NUFC, ensuring that our offer remains on trend and relevant within the wider hospitality sector.
- To support the Head Chef, Sous Chef & Senior Chef De Partie to, train and develop, ensuring the continual succession planning of the kitchen operations team, in line Sodexo HR policies and procedures. To ensure strict time management ensuring a good work life balance of the kitchen operations team, through effective management of lieu days and holidays. To include holding 1-2-1 meetings and team meetings.
- To support the Head Chef, Sous Chef & Senior Chef De Partie to ensure that the Sodexo Purchasing policies and procedures are managed and upheld by the kitchen operations team, to include the strict use of nominated suppliers only, unless otherwise specified by the Client.
- To support the Head Chef, Sous Chef & Senior Chef De Partie to implement and comply with all Sodexo and statutory Health and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements. To manage and ensure accountability for good housekeeping, stock management and rotation, COSHH, cleanliness and tidiness.
- To work closely with the FOH Operations and Sales and Marketing team to ensure seamless interface between the three departments. Through close collaboration, work to continuously improve the aesthetics and presentation of food and service presentation standards, ensuring that our offer remains on trend and relevant within the wider hospitality sector. To continually evaluate the local conference and events market place, ensuring that our offer is competitive and optimised within the current confines of our physical space.
- To support the Head Chef and Sous Chef to oversee and manage all internal Client services including the EFC Staff Café, Free School, Community Centre and any future projects.
- To support the wider Sodexo business both on site and off site during the closed season, as and when required.
- To proactively support all departments and staff within the onsite team and to carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH qualification or equivalent
- Supervising Food – Level 3
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Working in fine dining kitchens or quality high volume kitchens
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Closing Date: 19th October 2021
Find out more and apply for the Chef de Partie job vacancy at Newcastle United FC.