Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager – Venue
Chelsea FC is recruiting for a Business Development Manager – Venue to join their team at Stamford Bridge.
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Department: Meetings & Events
Job Function: To proactively manage and promote facilities to the MICE industry and monitor conversion for non matchday business. Proactively promote the Meeting and Event facilities at Chelsea Football Club. To work closely with the Meetings and Events Sales Manager and Head of Business Development: Venue
Accountability: Sales performance against targets and budget
- Create leads for M&E ensuring all customers receive a friendly and efficient response.
- Identify, communicate and action potential sales leads.
- Identify key target customers both existing and new.
- To ensure that all accounts information, contacts and notes are efficiently entered into Delphi.
- Key account management, Research new leads and make appointments.
- Ensure that any enquiries that require assistance in follow up and/or conversion are followed up and updated on the system.
- High level of communication with team members and other departments.
- Conduct and manage Competitor Review/Analysis.
- Assist managing the corporate hospitality tables and to send out invites to the clients.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required of you to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- To raise awareness of Chelsea FC Products through roadshows, site visits, sales visits etc and undertake a pro active sales approach for the entire venue via customer visits, phone calls, proactive Fam trips, networking events, hospitality entertaining and interaction with professional bodies i.e. chamber of commerce, HBAA etc.
- Assist in creating awareness & sales with clients for special events and working with the special events team as appropriate.
- To maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation, support and positive working attitude to colleagues.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required of you to ensure the business development and customer relationships of the department.
Measures of Performance:
- Achieving monthly targets and budgets.
- Using a proactive sales approach.
- Achieving weekly/monthly appointment and sales call targets.
- Development of customer relationships and account building.
- Business conversion and proactive sales activities undertaken.
- Well presented and organised.
- Experience with Delphi, CRM Dynamics and IT skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a M&E Sales department in a corporate industry.
- Proven experience of selling large spaces.
- Knowledge of online marketing & industry sectors.
- Excellent time management, communication and verbal skills.
- Diary management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- People focused and act as an excellent ambassador for CFC.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to inspire customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to stay calm in a very high pace and pressured environment.
- Be a team player and passionate about being successful, sales and the industry.
- To be able to think fast and deliver solutions to customer requirements.
Find out more and apply for the Business Development Manager – Venue job vacancy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.