Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager at Twickenham Stadium
Nature and Scope of Job
A pro-active primarily field based sales role aimed at growing revenues from existing accounts and driving new business for non-match day meetings and events (C&E) at Twickenham Stadium, by identifying, managing and penetrating accounts across a variety of market segments and venue agencies to exceed revenue targets. The person fulfilling this role will have strong client and agency relationships within the C&E market, be self-motivated and target driven individual.
The role requires an outgoing personality with the drive to succeed, ability to maximise revenue, whilst working to agreed deadlines. Strong presentation and communication skills are vital.
The success of this role is measured by the achievement of set KPIs, such as conducting a number of client and agency appointments each week, proactive telesales calls and achieving agreed revenue targets, helping the team hit their revenue target.
1. Maximise all opportunities within existing and allocated accounts and proactively develop an expanded new customer base.
2. To research and target specific market segments through sales and marketing activities to deliver revenue, whilst penetrating existing clients for new contacts, business and revenue streams.
3. Compile account plans for top accounts
4. When not in the field to remain proactive with activity and client communication.
5. To deliver monthly revenue and activity reports as specified by the Head of Business Development.
6. To maintain contact and grown key accounts
7. To work closely with the onsite sales team to convert high value enquiries and grow key accounts and maximize new sales opportunities
8. When required, to support the team in taking and converting enquiries.
9. To represent the venue at industry networking events (as appropriate and required)
10. Coordinate and lead familiarization tours for key conference agents and corporate clients ensuring those guests attending are key influencers and decision makers.
11. Monitor competitor activities including special promotions and pricing initiatives.
12. Keep up to date with industry trends and best practice.
The jobholder is accountable for:
1. Achievement of personal KPI targets.
2. Achievement of team budgets.
3. Achievement of agreed New Business target.
4. Management and delivery of account plans.
5. Accurate weekly reports and forecasts.
6. Working closely with all departments within TEL.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar sales role with experience in the UK C&E industry.
- Will have credible proactive sales experience within the C&E industry with a proven track record of meeting sales targets
Experience and passion for the hospitality industry
- Will be experienced in identifying new business and developing key accounts
Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Will demonstrate the values of the Rugby Football Union
- Be a team player and work closely with colleagues to support a fun, creative and driven enqvironment
- Will have excellent communication skills both on the phone, in person and written.
- Must show initiative and be a confident presenter and negotiator.
- Must be “customer oriented” with an understanding of the C&E sales process.
- Must be able to establish positive relationships with clients
- Must be able to present a highly professional image when representing TEL.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain focus in the achievement of sales targets
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, and able to organise him/herself effectively.
- Will have a generally outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office and have a good understanding of database management.
- Display creativeness to clients when promoting and selling Twickenham as a venue.
- Must have a clean and full UK driving license.
Find out more and apply for the Business Development Manager job vacancy at Twickenham Stadium.