Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager (Exhibitions Sector) in Coventry
The Coventry Building Society Arena (home of Wasps RFC) is recruiting for a Business Development Manager (Exhibitions Sector) to join their team.
Term: Permanent / Full Time 37 Hours per week
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena
Salary: Competitive salary with car allowance and company bonus scheme
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
• To generate, grow sales and secure new business from exhibition organisers for the Coventry Building Society Arena by being proactive in the exhibition marketplace.
• To achieve personal and team targets set by the Head of Sales in line with the business strategy and identify opportunities to increase the profile of the Coventry Building Society Arena.
Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the employee will be expected to perform other duties that are reasonably comparable and adhere to relevant health, safety and environmental policies at all times.
• Drive exhibition sales in excess of £1,350,000 per annum.
• Research the exhibition market, with a focus on exhibitions staged regionally at local venues and identifying new exhibitions for the Coventry Building Society Arena. Identify an exhibition target list with the Head of Sales and the development of a strategy and activity plan to secure business
• Prepare presentation and proposal documentation which demonstrates the benefits and value proposition of the Coventry Building Society Arena.
• Clear understanding of the costs involved in exhibition delivery and make recommendations where improvements can be achieved.
• Negotiate with clients where necessary and ensure all documents, including contracts, are prepared, issued and returned within the deadlines
• Manage existing exhibition relationships for the venue, including planning regular client meetings, building on current relationships, driving growth
• Support and develop a business plan which demonstrates a clear approach to identifying new industry sectors showing future opportunities and activities.
• Effectively plan for future personal sales activities based on agreed KPIs and to meet individual sales
• Develop new relationships by regular face-to-face meetings with clients at the Coventry Building Society Arena and taking the lead in building relationships and understanding growth.
• Prepare monthly report on activities and progress, identifying key issues
• Maintain up-to-date records regarding clients and sales activity
• Maintain sales reports and complete accurately in a timely fashion
• Ensure customers comply with company terms and conditions of trading – prepare documentation to ensure all contractual details covered off.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience of the exhibition market
• Proven sales experience within a client focussed sales role with similar target levels • Drive and energy to succeed – must have a ‘hunting’ attitude and tenacity for the sale
• Knowledge of building a business plan and sales strategy.
• Strong relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to self-manage and be proactive in role
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Strong commercial acumen – ability to close deals and agree appropriate commercial terms
• Understanding of the costs involved in exhibition delivery and influencing additional sales
• Possess strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Innovative and creative approach to sales generation
• Ability to work effectively as a contributing team member
• Driving Licence essential
Examples of Key Performance Indicators
• 20 face to face client meetings per month
• 80 prospecting telephone calls per month
• 4 new client introductions to Coventry Building Society Arena per month
• 4 site visits per month
• Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of two years exhibition sales or similar consultative sales experience
• Computer literate (Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
HOURS OF WORK
This role is 35 hours per week, with a 1-hour unpaid break per day. The role will include some weekend and evening working based on a five in seven working week in line with the wider Sales team.
WHATS ON OFFER
• Competitive salary based on experience with car allowance and company bonus scheme
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays (or current entitlement if internal candidate)
• A range of other benefits including Death in service insurance* & Alpha Reward Discount scheme and EAP.
*following successful probation period
Please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Manager at Coventry Building Society Arena: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: The recruitment opportunity will close once a candidate has been recruited. More details on the Business Development Manager (Exhibitions Sector) job vacancy can be found here.