Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Twickenham Experience Ltd (TEL)
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Salary Banding: c.£35k + bonus depending on experience (negotiable)
Job Level: Guide
Location: Twickenham (min. 2 days/week) / Remote
No agencies please
Nature and scope:
A pro-active often field-based sales role focused on driving non-matchday (C&E) business into Twickenham Stadium, by nurturing and growing revenue from existing key accounts and sourcing and attracting new business opportunities. Identifying, managing and penetrating accounts across a variety of market segments and venue agencies to exceed the set revenue targets. The person fulfilling this role will have strong client and agency relationships within the C&E market, be a self-motivated and target-driven individual. They will also work closely with the sales managers on site to ensure opportunities are converted.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing and lapsed accounts.
- Proactively develop and expand a new client base.
- Research & Target market segments through sales & marketing activities.
- When required, support team with inbound enquiries.
- Represent the venue at industry events and exhibitions.
- Coordinate and lead familiarization tours, ensuring those attending are key influencers and decision makers.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and best practice and share with the wider team.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organization.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- At least 2 years pro-active sales experience within conference & events industry.
- Proven experience of delivering a targeted revenue
- Experience or ability to learn new CRM tool (IVVY)
- Ability to work flexible hours. (The basic hours of work will be 40hrs per week working five days out of seven; your hours will be determined by the needs of the business.)
- A real “people” person, with great communication skills and strong commercial acumen.
- Standards and quality driven hands-on team player.
- Self-starter, driven and ambition to hit targets.
- Ability to be creative with event briefs to make them work.
- A “can do” attitude from a person who is motivated by a passion for great standards and succeeding.
- Committed to driving forward inclusion in your role and day-to-day behaviours or Committed to actively contributing and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
- Existing relationships with key event buyers and agencies
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to be flexible with occasional overnight stays / trips to industry events
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
- We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential. If there is anything we could do to support you through your application or to provide the best environment for your interviews, including assistance or adjustment, please reach out to email@example.com.
- During your application, we will ask questions about your identity. This information is considered highly confidential and will not be seen by hiring managers.
- 20% annual bonus (5% per quarter / 10% year end)
- 25 days holiday
- Retail discounts at the rugby store and selected partners
- Aviva pension after 3 months – your contribution will be matched or doubled up to 10% a month
- Life assurance x 4 salary
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Free dental care with Denplan
- Access to onsite gym
- Discounted membership of onsite Virgin Active
- Access to purchase matchday tickets
- Ad hoc additional benefits throughout the year such as social events and tickets at other stadiums
Please submit a CV with your application
Find out more and apply for the Business Development Manager job vacancy at Twickenham Stadium.
See more about the facilities at Twickenham Stadium.
See more stadium job vacancies.