Job Vacancy: Ticket Office Team Member at DW Stadium
DW Stadium, home to Wigan Athletic FC is recruiting for a Ticket Office Team Member to join their team.
To ensure the efficient running and excellent customer service levels at the Ticket Office and assist with promotional activity that is designed to increase ticket sales.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Undertaking the daily sales procedure selling tickets over the counter, by telephone, through the Internet and by post, using the computerised booking system (or manual system as appropriate).
• Processing ticket payment ensuring the correct financial procedures are followed and payments balance against sales every day.
• Ensuring the ticket office procedures and booking conditions are adhered to at all times.
• Assisting the Ticket Office Manager with providing sales information to Wigan Athletic Football Club and Wigan Warriors Rugby Club when necessary.
• Collecting and maintaining entries on the computerised ticket office system database in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act
• Performing reception duties and assisting with enquiries from the public regarding fixtures and the venue, providing relevant information as necessary.
• Ensuring that ticket-holders are aware of the conditions of sale and do not contravene these in any way e.g. age restrictions, concessionary status.
• Ensure all customers are served in a timely and efficient manner.
Health & Safety
• Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out the company health and safety policy.
• Comply with all Company policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place, and assist if required with the amending of risk assessments periodically.
• Have a full knowledge of procedures for evacuation with regard to fire.
• Identify and report maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace and to encourage any workforce to do the same to avoid injury.
• To cooperate fully with colleagues and to be flexible when assisting them in response to business needs of the company.
• To act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the company’s premises. The employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Head of Safeguarding.
• To ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst employees and customers.
• The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the company.
Required – GCSE A – C or equivalent experience/skills.
Required – Experience of sales processing, cash handling and card processing.
Desired – Previous experience of working with the Ticketmaster ticketing platform.
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Strong customer service skills and ability to build rapport with all internal and external customers.
• Proven written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate information.
• IT literate, with the ability to use the full suite of Microsoft Office package.
• Strong numerical skills
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
Desired – Knowledge or understanding of the sports and / or entertainment industry.
• Acts with integrity at all times
• Resilient and tenacious
• Flexibility to manage the different priorities in the role and meet the demands and changing needs of the company.
Find out more and apply for the Ticket Office Team Member job vacancy.
Closing Date: 29th April 2018