Job Vacancy: Talent, Media and Communications Manager at Saracens Rugby
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about rugby, social media, communications and the business of sport? Saracens Rugby is seeking a Talent, Media and Communications Manager to join their team.
This is a chance to work with some of the biggest names in rugby to help support and grow one of the world’s biggest club brands at a hugely exciting point in their history. With a brand new headline partner, stadium development plans, a squad packed with household names and internationals, a new era of commercial focus and transformed co-operation between clubs, governing bodies and the league – there has never been a better time to join the Saracens family.
Saracens are looking for an experienced communications professional to deliver the club’s external communications in support of 3 business areas. The ideal candidate would be highly organised and focussed on delivery of the clubs communications strategy to be agreed with the Marketing Director and Head of Community. In addition the role would have full ownership of all match day communications to provide excellent written coverage of our rugby and netball teams before during and after matches to support our members. Able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment, with an expert approach to social media and digital communications, this is an exciting role at a leading sports rights holder.
The role involves the following duties but is not limited to additional tasks:
- Produce Communication Assets including short and long form written content and visual assets (with support from designer/videographer/marketing and partnerships teams)
- Brief and Project Manage Content Creation (Freelancers, Volunteers/Fans, Agencies- to create content)
- Publish Communications through players and club’s social media accounts using scheduling software and club platforms
- Measure the impact of our club communications – test and learn to improve performance.
Supporting three Saracens business areas;
- Team and Fixtures
- Manage freelancers, volunteers and own output to ensure exceptional coverage of all Saracens team news (Men’s, Women and Mavericks) before, during and after fixtures.
- Able to build trusted relationships with the Saracens training ground (coaches and players).
Through demonstrable rugby knowledge and high degree of personal awareness and understanding of the challenges faced at an elite sports training environment.
- Responsibility for accuracy and timely provision of all fixture details including, fixture carousel, match preview pages and match reports on Saracens.com and Saracens App
- Work with wider marketing team to promote content effectively through owned channels including email newsletters and social channels
- Responsible for all player information and data on Saracens.com, Saracens App and Saracens social channels – working in collaboration with marketing/content team
- Work with players to develop an “Influencer squad” for content distribution
- Manage external media commitments for the Men’s team, ensuring compliance with all contractual media obligations for relevant competitions.
- Manage all elements of match day printed program revenue stream, writing content, managing P&L, print suppliers and guest/volunteer content. Working with match day operations team to maximise program sales.
- Manage freelance photographers and media accreditation process on match days
- Ensure match day media responsibilities for PRL and Championship are adhered to.
- Club and Corporate
- Work with Marketing Director and Head of Community to shape media/comms strategy.
- In charge of press liaison, briefings, press conferences, club and stadium press releases.
- Responsible for drafting club statements and obtaining appropriate sign off for club comms.
- Attend key club meetings and/or receive direct briefs from EXCO members in order to draft appropriate comms.
- Publishing club communications on Saracens channels and proactive distribution to strategic media contacts.
- Club spokesman for key media contacts when appropriate.
- Grow existing senior media relationships to ensure accurate, positive coverage of the club.
- Partners and Marketing Support
- Support partnerships team to ensure club, player and fixture comms are all presented in support of club partners – help to package and measure communications into sellable assets for partners e.g. Team Announcements
- Support the partnerships team on new partner/renewal announcements across owned channels and through the media.
- Support partnerships team to develop activation ideation to sell into partners, increasing revenue opportunities through internal agency model
- Provide partnerships team regular digital reporting on partner activity. Work with agency partners to develop dashboard solutions for reporting
- Support Partnerships departments on activations involving player media commitments.
- General support for marketing / content team to ensure fixture and player news also supports wider commercial revenue streams inc. ticket sales, membership sales, retail.
Salary for the role: Competitive
The role is full time, based on 37.5 hours per week. For the most part, the role will be based at StoneX stadium and Old Albanians RFC (Training Ground) near St Albans. In the current climate however, the role can be carried out from home during this period. As the external environment changes and restrictions begin to ease, there will be a gradual move back to the stadium. Candidates will be required to work evening, weekends and travel to away matches as the role requires.
To apply for the Talent, Media and Communications Manager role, please send a cv and a supporting cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sangita Asani, HR Manager.
Closing Date: 29th January 2021
Interviews to take place virtually on week commencing 1st February 2021.