Job Vacancy: Steward Training and Development Manager at Tottenham Hotspur FC
Tottenham Hotspur FC is recruiting for a Steward Training and Development Manager to join their team in London.
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes
The Club is seeking to recruit a Steward Training and Development Manager who will look too develop the department’s recruitment and training strategy in line with the operational requirements of the event safety team.
To role will entail identifying and preparing a stewarding work force who will deliver world class experience for all, considering the venue requirements for partnership work with other agencies and stakeholders.
- To prepare an annual training plan for directly recruited stewards, which meets all requirements as set by the latest Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds and the General Safety Certificate
- To Audit training records for directly employed stewards on Venue Aware Manager
- Continually review Standard Operating Procedures for the recruitment and training of stewarding staff, including those procedures for directly engaged stewards
- Oversee and deliver the training and assessment process for the Spectator Safety NVQ & Certificate Qualifications programmes at level 2 & 3
- Identify and develop the training and assessment resources to deliver the stewarding qualifications.
- Manage the budget funding for the delivery of the stewards training, and where appropriate prepare budget proposal for those qualifications which cannot be funded
- Monitor the training programmes which are in place for our agency partners, through discussion, monitoring records and where appropriate observing training sessions
- Review and further develop a range of learning materials for formal qualifications and up skill training sessions
- Develop a suite of training materials/activities which supports Continuous Professional development for safety stewards including toolbox training and online modules
- Oversee the recruitment life cycle process for new stewards including conducting initial assessment, onboarding induction and stadium familiarisation
- Review the reports submitted by the steward mentoring team to identify any gaps in learning to support the continuous learning and development of stewards
- Review the Q & A reports to support the continuous learning development of Supervisors
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- A true role model who has people development at the core of their work
- A person who has an innovative approach to developing our current and future workforce
- Values & respects others. Builds relationships & works collaboratively
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards and takes responsibility
- A supportive team member who understands the business requirements for safe events
- Must have a hands-on and practical approach
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the recruitment and development of event personnel
- A sound knowledge of qualification structure and government funding
- A working knowledge of the recruitment life cycle
- Holer of a relevant adult teaching and assessor qualification
- Have an innovative approach to training which will meet the learning needs of a range of learners
- Experience in writing and developing training materials and recording documentation
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced trainer and delivery of a range of presentation to wider stakeholders
- IT literate and confident in the use of PowerPoint
- Minimum of Teaching PTLLS
- Holder of NVQ Assessor award
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with child’s barred list.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Find out more and apply for the Steward Training and Development Manager job vacancy at Tottenham Hotspur FC. Closes 5th December 2022.