Job Vacancy: Stadium Sales Manager at DW Stadium, Wigan
Do you love the thrill of hunting for new business and delighting your clients? Do you have a passion for creating extraordinary event experiences? If the answers are yes, then the DW Stadium is looking for you.
The DW Stadium is recruiting for a Stadium Sales Manager to create and execute a sales strategy to drive growth across the venues conference and events business, proactively managing key accounts and business development activities.
• Maintain a proactive sales culture, providing encouragement and support to colleagues to achieve great results
• Manage existing client relationships, maintaining strong relations, ensuring regular contact and in turn driving repeat business
• Engage with local and national businesses, attending networking events and exhibitions, conducting familiarisation trips and client meetings to gain new business
• Maximise the opportunities from company sales tools, Rendezvous and ATTAIN to seek and convert business
• Drive the effective performance of the department by providing leadership which sets high expectations of all staff, addresses development needs and tackles any poor performance effectively
The successful candidate will:
• Hold GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths
• Have a proven track record of delivering and exceeding against sales targets
• Have experience in managing a budget and achieving agreed income targets
• Possess knowledge of online marketing and advertising techniques
• Have experience in effectively managing and developing a team
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Closing date: 23rd February 2020
The group is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re- assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The group is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.