Job Vacancy: Special Events Manager at Southampton Football Club
Accountable to: Senior Stadium Planning Manager
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Southampton FC is recruiting for a Special Events Manager, based at their St Mary’s Stadium.
What is the role?
Join us in the role of Special Events Manager. You will be responsible for the successful running of Functions on Non-Match days. Managing relationships between key stakeholders and ensuring milestones are met and liaising with the sales team to deliver events as sold ensuring operational efficiency and continually aiming to exceed client expectation. You will also be responsible for managing & selling a portfolio of commercial events.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management and clients. You will have the ability to manage and prioritise a high workload whilst remaining professional and adaptable. Be experienced in managing and controlling financial elements of labour costs and financial administration.
The competencies which are required include:
- Experience of working in special events – primarily stadium concerts.
- Experience in leading relationships with promotors and third parties
- Management of process and ownership of project plans enabling go live of concert / special events.
- Relationship management, with clear examples of account development.
- Experience within the hospitality or sporting environment.
- Evidence of working within live entertainment and a key contributor to event go live
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- GCSE A*-C or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable with budget control – and a track regard of awareness of cost impact
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Negotiation qualification
- Leadership or Management qualification.
- Organised and planner
- Strong leadership skills. A motivator who leads by example.
- Exceptional communication skills, both on the phone and face to face.
- A common sense approach to match clients’ requirements with the relevant product.
- Efficient and organised with excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines.
- Flexible to the requirements of the job, including working hours and areas of focus.
- Candidates must hold a full, clean driving licence.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 24 days’ holiday per year ,increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Find out more and apply for the Special Events Manager job vacancy at Southampton FC.