Job Vacancy – Sous Chef – Public – Fabulous Fan Fayre Manchester City Football Club
Fabulous Fan Fayre is recruiting for a Sous Chef – Public based at the Etihad Stadium, home to Manchester City FC. Fabulous Fan Fayre is a joint venture between One Event Management and Legends of the USA. F3 provides award winning match day and non-match day catering for sporting stadia including Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and Watford FC.
To continually re-invent & implement the service of an extraordinary culinary experience that defines a true bespoke world class service. Ensuring operational quality and excellence always. Entertaining a client base of extreme wealth & privilege with a very high expectation within our food and beverage world. Be forward thinking, passionate about all thing’s food. Not a trend follower, but a true trend setter. As dynamic as your surroundings with unlimited creativity and this amazing opportunity within the stadium environment!
- To work within the full time Culinary team as a Sous Chef, maintaining excellent food, health & safety and food hygiene standards.
- Assist with the day to day operations within the C&E business. With emphasis on planning, preparation and delivery of match day public food to set standards in line with agreed budget.
- To cover in the absence of the Head Chef and ensure operational quality and company standards are maintained.
- To set Public food specifications with photos and costed recipe cards for match day public food items and assist with C&E specifications in similar manner.
- Assess market trends to identify new commercial opportunities, potential new products, assist with developing business cases and realise benefits.
- All Public food items should be accurately costed using the purchasing database and signed off by F3 Executive Chef and Head of Public prior to being presented to the client.
- To assist in the implementation and mobilisation of catering and/or hospitality capital projects, working in conjunction with the ID team and FM team where appropriate.
- Increasing catering spend per head within the Public match day operations
- Identifying efficiencies within the match day operation that will improve P&L and operational performance.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and food handling are always achieved by all employees within kitchen/kiosk areas as to the company health and safety standards
- To ensure the highest standards of food service and presentation always across both C&E and match day business. This includes point of sale presentations.
- To react quickly and efficiently to clients/supporter requests and changes in arrangements.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures, ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded on waste control sheets.
- To ensure appropriate compliance paperwork is completed for inspection i.e. Goods Received, temperature control records, refrigeration & freezer sheets, HACCP and COSHH.
- To assist in the preparation of public culinary rotas in line with the budget and presented to the Head of Public and Executive Chef for sign off.
- All planners are to be built in WMX prior to any shifts being worked and have a full understanding of WMX, the process of clocking in and out and the fire register.
- Be able to proactively support departmental administration, recruitment and training.
- Encourage personal development, passion for food and innovative thought across the Public and Culinary team.
- Continually assess the wider match day team ensuring they are trained to a level that enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- Ensure all employees always adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene. This is to include PPE (personal protective equipment).
- To ensure that all menu tariff planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed, ensuring operating targets are met.
- Have a thorough understanding of Procure Wizard and be able to navigate your way around the programme. Be able to place orders using the purchasing database in line with supplier cut offs.
- To carry post-match and weekly hygiene checks of kiosks & kitchens to ensure that they are left match ready.
- To ensure that all Public employees are compliant regards food safety training and have the appropriate level of training to be able to carry out their departmental tasks.
- To manage Public food production and support the Head Chef with any other production carried out in CPU so that employee payroll is in line with the budget.
- Experience of managing world class events on a large scale within a fast-paced environment.
- A natural leader & the ‘’Go to Person’’
- Ooze confidence & charm!
- Customer focused, and solutions driven.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Masses of attention to detail.
- Add the WOW factor
- Team player with an understanding of people who can add fun and enjoyment
- Open minded and able to embrace and drive change.
- Ethical and honest
- A “can do and will do” attitude.
- Be a ‘’The Answers ‘’YES’’ – now ask me the question person!!!
Find out more and apply for the Sous Chef – Public job vacancy at Manchester City FC.