Job Vacancy: Sous Chef at Watford FC
Location – Vicarage Road – Watford Football Club
F3 are seeking a Sous Chef to be based at Watford FC’s Vicarage Road Ground.
Purpose of role
To plan, facilitate and implement a food service that delivers a premium experience on match days and non-match days alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all food kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation and preparation of these areas is achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To cover in the Head Chefs absence/days off and holidays
- To assist in producing the set food specs and photos with recipe cards for both C&E and bowl events to include match Days
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and food handling are achieved always by all employees within kitchen areas as to the company health and safety standards.
- To ensure the highest standards of foodservice always including plated presentation, buffets and carveries.
- To react quickly and efficiently to client’s requests and changes in arrangements. To communicate such information to the Head of Hospitality and Executive / Head Chef.
- To ensure that all employee are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene always.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate. To achieve budgeted cost of sales
- To ensure the control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur. Reporting any breakdown of equipment to the Head Chef
- To ensure appropriate paperwork i.e. Goods Received, Temperature record and fridge record sheets, HACCP and COSSH are completed and handed to the Head Chef by set guidelines.
- To support the Head Chef with rotas, allergen grids and any other administration duties.
- Can process payroll and input the rota on WMX
- Support the Head Chef controlling labour and reviewing the Company PBS.
- Can support C&E and event ordering using the procurement system
- Actively take part in monthly stocktaking and controls. Can input the count into the procurement system
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all menu planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed ensuring operating targets are met
- To ensure hygiene audits are carried out regularly and to carry out 6 monthly risk assessments in all kitchen areas
- To ensure that all food, liquor, equipment and sundry items are charged appropriately to the client via the daily charge sheets.
- To ensure that employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
- Provide administrative support as and when requested.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of managing world class events on a large scale within a fast-paced environment.
- A natural leader & the ‘’Go to Person’’
- Ooze confidence & charm!
- Customer focused and solutions driven.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Masses of attention to detail.
- Add the WOW factor
- Team player with an understanding of people who can add fun and enjoyment
- Open minded and able to embrace and drive change.
- Ethical and honest.
Find out more and apply for the Sous Chef job vacancy at Watford FC by emailing email@example.com.
Job closes when right applicant found.