Job Vacancy: Sous Chef at Manchester City FC (Fabulous Fan Fayre)
F3 is looking to recruit a Sous Chef at Manchester City’s stadium – The Etihad.
Fabulous Fan Fayre (F3) is a joint venture between Absolute Taste and Legends of the USA. F3 provides award winning match day and non-match day catering for sporting stadia including Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and Watford FC.
To continually re-invent & implement the service of an extraordinary culinary experience that defines a true bespoke world class service. Ensuring operational quality and excellence always. Entertaining a client base of extreme wealth & privilege with a very high expectation within our food and beverage world. Be forward thinking, passionate about all thing’s food. Not a trend follower, but a true trend setter. As dynamic as your surroundings with unlimited creativity and this amazing opportunity within the stadium environment!
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all food kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation and preparation of these areas is achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To cover in the Head Chefs absence/days off and holidays
- To assist in producing the set food specs and photos with recipe cards for both C&E and bowl events to include match days
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and food handling are achieved always by all employees within kitchen areas as to the company health & safety standards.
- To ensure the highest standards of food service always including plated presentation, buffets and carveries.
- To react quickly and efficiently to client’s requests and changes in arrangements. To communicate such information to the Head of Hospitality and Executive/Head Chef.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene always.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate. To achieve budgeted cost of sales
- To ensure the control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur.
- To ensure appropriate paperwork i.e. Goods Received, Temperature record and fridge record sheets, HACCP and COSSH are completed.
- To support the Head Chef with rotas, and any other administration duties.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all menu planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed ensuring operating targets are met.
- To ensure hygiene audits are carried out regularly and to carry out six monthly risk assessments in all kitchen areas.
- To ensure that employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
- Experience of managing world class events on a large scale within a fast-paced environment.
- A natural leader & the ‘’Go to Person’’
- Ooze confidence & charm!
- Customer focused, and solutions driven.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Masses of attention to detail.
- Add the WOW factor
- Team player with an understanding of people who can add fun and enjoyment
- Open minded and able to embrace and drive change.
- Ethical and honest
- A “can do and will do” attitude.
- Be a ‘’The Answers ‘’YES’’ – now ask me the question person!!!
Closing Date: 17th May 2019
Find out more and apply for the Sous Chef job vacancy at the home of Manchester City FC, by emailing Leon Adnams-Downes.