Job Vacancy: Senior Business Development Manager – MICE at Chelsea FC
Chelsea FC is recruiting for a Senior Business Development Manager – MICE to be based at their Stamford Bridge Stadium.
Proactively promote the Meeting and Event facilities at Chelsea Football club to third party agencies and monitor conversion (non matchday business). Proactively cross sell the Venue – to include 1905, UTB and our hotels (Millennium & Copthorne). Work closely with the Meetings and Events Sales Manager and Head of Business Development: to drive revenue into the venue.
Location: Stamford Bridge, working remotely when necessary. Travel throughout UK and abroad on a add hoc basis.
Contract: Permanent – 37.5hrs a week
Main Responsibilities (Play Your Part):
- Proactively sell CFC events space to UK and international event agencies, generating high levels of event enquiries & maximising enquiry conversion
- Proactive role based 75% on the road, 25% office
- Weekly research to be undertaken of new business agencies via sales calls & LinkedIn sales navigator.
- Account management of assigned top M&E agency accounts and management of override campaign with assigned agents
- Representation of CFC event space within industry networking events and associations
- Manage agency database with regular updates working closely with Marketing and CRM departments
- Completion of assigned sales activities which will include familiarisation trips, office visits, hosting on the hospitality table, exhibition attendance and association representation
- Influence on M&E marketing and PR campaigns in order to target new business
- Ensure that any enquiries that require assistance in follow up and/or conversion are followed up and updated on the system
- High level of communication with team members and other departments
- Host on ad hoc match days on the Hospitality table with a members of the M&E or BD Team
- To track success of all 3rd party listings and maximise conversion
- To carry out any other duties that may be required of you to ensure the smooth running of the department
- To maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation, support and positive working attitude to colleagues
- To carry out any other duties that may be required of you to ensure the business development and customer relationships of the department.
Measures of Performance (Here to Win):
- M&E bi-annual and yearly budgets
- Individual contribution targets – existing agency business & new business
- Development of customer relationships and account building
- Business conversion and proactive sales activities undertaken
- Increase conversion of preferred agreement accounts
- Successful track record in a face to face sales role with MICE agents
- Extensive knowledge and contacts within event agency sector
- Previous hotel or venue experience
- Min 3 years’ experience in a proactive mice role – in a venue, representing multiple
venues or within a hotel sales role
- Understanding of override agreements
- Existing relationships within event industry associations and tourist boards
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills along with a passion for providing
exceptional customer service.
- As this is a field based position, must be able to use your initiative and negotiation skills
- Must have full clean drivers licence
- Able & willing to travel both domestically and internationally when required
- Self-starter who is able to work alone or as part of a team
- Confident in ability to present to groups of clients and complete cold calls
- Excellent time management & attention to detail.
- People focused and act with honesty and integrity as an excellent ambassador for CFC
- Ability to stay calm in a very high pace and pressured environment
- Be a team player and passionate about being successful in the company and the
- To be able to think fast and deliver solutions to customer requirements
- Well-presented and organised
- Results orientated with the motivation and drive to reach and exceed personal and
- Experience with Delphi and CRM Dynamics
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Find out more and apply for the Senior Business Development Manager – MICE at Chelsea FC.
Closing Date: Mid January 2020
See more about Chelsea FC as a venue for non-matchday events.