Job Vacancy: Sales Executive – Conference & Events at Sunderland AFC
Sunderland AFC is recruiting for a Sales Executive – Conference & Events to join their team at The Stadium of Light.
Rate of Pay and Benefits:
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience and the level of responsibility undertaken in the post. Benefits 22 days paid annual leave, pro rata, increasing to 27 days paid annual leave, pro rata, following completion of 5 years’ continuous service.
Responsible for the development and achievement of new business across all categories of events and celebrations.
- Identification and development of new ideas to contribute to sales performance
- Working to gain a comprehensive understanding of the target audience/future prospects
- To conduct relevant market research and analysis to identify key trends in business sectors’ advertising and marketing strategies and provide a solution to strategy needs
- To sell the Football Club as an events destination outside of match days to B2B and B2C customers
- Preparation of creative proposals to attract customers at all levels for the events and surrounding hospitality spaces in none match day environment
- Share sales knowledge and expertise to support marketing strategy
- Manage full sales process of relevant inventory
- Build good internal relationships with all departments, especially Marketing/Communications/PR
- To assist in the management of major accounts as required
- Support Commercial Sales Manager with continuous business development and action of sales initiatives
- Ensuring the highest standard of customer satisfaction through ongoing contact with external clients
- Support with client entertaining and engagement activities
- To liaise with internal clientele to provide an effective, efficient and quality service at all times
- To manage and ensure customer records and accounts are up to date and bookings, in line with Club expectation
- Working cohesively with operational delivery team to exceed customer satisfaction levels
- Sales co-ordination
- Follow standard operating procedures as set by the Club
- Ability to achieve and exceed specific monthly targets and KPI’s
- Understand and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at all times
Hours of Work:
The employee is required to work 35 hours per week, Monday-Sunday, according to the operational requirements of the department or demands of the business. In addition, the employee may be required to work home fixtures, and special events as required.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- To be fully computer literate with the company relationship management (CRM and all Microsoft Office programs, e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Ticketmaster
- Evidence of experience in a commercial sale, sponsorship background
- Evidence of effective use of interpersonal skill in face-to-face, written and telephone communications.
- Evidence of the ability to effectively work on own initiative and manage a varied workload.
- Flexible and adaptable to working hours and situations
- Full UK driving license
- Accurate work processing and use of all functions with Microsoft Office suite, and bespoke database as required
You may also be required to carry out other tasks, not listed, to assist in the efficient operation of our business. At all times you will be required to act in accordance with Sunderland AFC company policies, follow departmental procedures and maintain the highest level of confidentiality. From time to time you may be required to work in other departments of the organisation, and at other facilities where applicable or if there is a requirement to cover special events.
Closing Date: 14th October 2022
Find out more and apply for the Sales Executive – Conference & Events job vacancy at Sunderland AFC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.