Job Vacancy: Retail Operations Manager at Saracens Rugby
Saracens Rugby has an exciting opportunity in their Merchandise department located at their stadium in North West London. The position of Retail Operations Manager requires an experienced individual with preferably an extensive background in retail operations. The successful candidate will take responsibility to oversee all day to day running of their stadium retail and e-commerce operations. They will also lead the department and manage all retail assistants from a management perspective. Using the past experience gained in the retail environment, you will use upcoming marketing strategies to maximise revenue to meet the KPI’s as set by the Head of Retail.
The role involves cross working with all departments across the Saracens group. This is an exciting time as we start preparing for the new season ahead.
- Maximising sales through best retail practices including setting standards of excellent customer service, stock management, visual merchandising and team motivation.
- Achieve long term growth of the business through effective strategic planning and implementing retail trends.
- Recruiting, training and coaching workforce including setting and monitoring goals to hit agreed KPIs.
- Minimising loss by proactively and constantly seeking opportunities to develop a clear operational plan along with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding the legalities in relation to cash handling, security, theft and fraud.
- Continual upholding of our brand and ethos at every opportunity.
- Using all systems to gather customer data for use by the Saracens Marketing Team and seeing all actions from the Head of Retail through to completion.
- Work closely with the Head of Retail and Marketing Team to effectively delivery new product launches and promoting them using the necessary means.
- Ensure all administration and co-ordination is accomplished effectively and accurately.
What they are looking for:
- 3-5 years’ experience within the retail industry with experience in sporting setting beneficial.
- Commercial awareness to understand the potential and maximise opportunities across the retail programme.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a strong work ethic.
- Proven leadership skills especially in a fast pace environment.
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programmes
- Self-motivated and creative in problem solving.
This is a full-time role (37.5) hours a week based at StoneX Stadium in the suburbs of North West London. The role requires the successful candidate to be available to work at all match days as a requirement.
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 dependant on experience
To apply for this role, please send a cv and a supporting cover letter addressing the question of “Why do you want to join the Saracens Family?” The letter needs to be at least 500 words. Please note that this is a requirement for the application process and without this, we cannot progress your application to the next stage
Please send your applications to email@example.com for the attention of Sangita Asani, HR Manager.
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
First round interviews taking place week commencing 9th August 2021.