Job Vacancy: Retail and Logistics Manager
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and you may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by your manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To develop, lead and manage a motivated, trained team with the appropriate skills to deliver a profitable retail operation and ensure all budget targets are achieved. To excel in the areas of operational excellence, financial performance and customer / client satisfaction to achieve company and client objectives within all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
Health & Safety:
· Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
· Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Guide to Working with Compass
· Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what they fail to do.
· Complete all relevant online training through the learning portal.
· Complete Level 3 HSE e-learning courses as appropriate within 26 weeks of commencing employment.
· Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
· Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
· Ensure that all appropriate HSE information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees within your control to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively.
· Maintain up to date training records for all employees under your control.
· Consult with employees under your control, other contractors sharing the site and Clients on HSE matters.
· Report HSE issues beyond your control to your line manager.
· Implement the requirements of HSE campaigns that are initiated to improve HSE performance.
· Retail and Catering Skills.
· People Management.
· Communication Skills – verbal and written.
· Results Orientation.
· Holding others accountable.
· Understanding Customers.
· NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or equivalent.
· Food Hygiene certificate.
· Experience of leading and managing a small team of people.
· Minimum 3 years retail / catering experience.
· Excellent financial acumen.
· IT literate.
· Strong communication skills – able to communicate at all levels.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines.
· Experience in a similar role.
· Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· HND/Degree in Management.
· Industry aware.
· Assertive, calm and works well under pressure.
Consumer Sales & Marketing:
· Ensure all company promotions are correctly implemented.
· Ensure all products are correctly priced in line with the company’s pricing strategy whilst accounting for client specifications.
· Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager.
· Action plans are developed and delivered following consumers satisfaction surveys.
· Ensure all retail areas are adequately stocked at all times.
· Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation.
· To ensure the team are polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
· To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times.
· To maximise all sales opportunities through selling techniques, promotional activity, product knowledge, employee training and development, ranging.
· To ensure all cash handling procedures are met and EPOS system is used to its maximum benefit.
- Unit achieves more than 80% customer and client satisfaction scores.
- Regularly receives positive customer comments and client feedback about the service standards within the unit.
- Above average mystery shopper results.
- Promotions are evident and drive sales.
- Budgeted sales and GP is achieved.
- Additional opportunities are identified, implemented and maximised.
· Maintain Retail core signature.
· Deliver responsible alcohol service.
· Achieve a minimum on 90% on all IPOE visits.
Cost of Food:
· Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs.
· Ensure full purchasing compliance with company policies.
· Monitor and manage GP.
· Ensure cost and sales records are accurately inputted and maintained.
· All food wastage is recorded and minimised.
· Ensure all customer requirements are communicated to all departments in advance to ensure effective planning.
- GP budget is achieved and/or improved.
- Sales budget achieved.
- Wastage is minimal and improved on week on week.
· Complete labour schedule within the labour budget.
· Effectively minimise any agency and unnecessary spend.
· Adjust labour schedule in line with sales.
· Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs
· Ensure budgets are understood and achieved by the retail team.
- Labour to sales budget is achieved.
- Unit costs are within or better than budget.
- Budgets fully achieved and/or improved.
· To communicate site and company targets to the team and ensure clear lines of accountability.
· Team are supported, trained, coached and developed to their maximum potential.
· Succession plans are in place.
· The unit is fully recruited at all times.
· Ensure management planner is up to date for the season.
· Labour turnover and absence is measured, monitored and reduced.
· Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies.
· To encourage participation in ‘Your Voice’ employee survey and develop and deliver action plan.
· Drive consistency of team members in kiosks through retention and engagement.
· Vacancies are filled within 4 weeks.
· Team members are promoted and able to take on additional responsibilities.
· Reduction in H&S and FS accidents and incidents
· The team works in a positive and proactive manner.
· Labour turnover and absence is reduced year on year.
· Improvement in Your Voice survey response rate and engagement / satisfaction results.
Find out more and apply for the Retail and Logistics Manager job vacancy at Aston Villa FC.