Job Vacancies: Public Catering Matchday Staff at The Stadium of Light in Sunderland
• Stand Managers
• Team Leaders
• Kiosk Staff
As the stadium prepares the Season 2021/22 and welcoming fans back to the stadium on a regular basis, they are recruiting for staff to work within their Public Catering Department on a matchday.
The venue is recruiting for Stand Managers, Team Leaders, Kiosk Staff and Cooks to work on the concourse area of the stadium. This is a busy, fast-paced environment on a matchday as we cater for the thousands of football fans.
As a member of the team, you will provide an efficient, quality customer service to fans, whilst working effectively as part of a team aiming to deliver beyond expectations. The ideal candidates will be hands-on, with a passion for people and customer service; willing to go the extra mile along with a positive and pleasant attitude. You will thrive through working in a busy environment and staying calm under pressure. You will be a quick learner with the ability to adapt to the different levels of service throughout a matchday. Successful candidates must also have the capability of working on your own, as well as part of a team, taking instruction well, whilst possessing effective communication skills.
Opportunities are available for:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced events manager. Responsibilities include:
• managing a team of approximately 50 staff, across a number of kiosks
• accurate stock management
• staff training (on the job)
• knowledge of licensing laws, health and safety, and food allergens
• ensuring compliance with health and hygiene legislation
• problem solving and complaint management
• attending management meetings and delivering team briefings
The ideal candidate will be customer focused, have experience of leading a small team and have a good working knowledge of catering and food service. Responsibilities include:
• ensuring that the preparation, presentation, and customer service are carried out to comply with company standards and fulfil customer requests
• having a knowledge of licensing laws, health and safety, and food allergens
• providing an efficient, caring, and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department and deal with customer requests promptly
• ensuring Club and statutory regulations of hygiene and safety are adhered to by all members of staff
• demonstrating a pleasant and polite manner with staff and customers, resolving complaints, and providing feedback to Stand Managers as required.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to deliver a quality customer service in a fast-paced, pressurised, matchday environment. Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills and be adaptable, with a willingness to learn. Responsibilities include:
• attention to detail and accuracy when serving customers and using the till system
• engage with customers to upsell and maximise sales
• following rules and regulations regarding food allergens, food safety and refusing service
• maintain a clean and hygienic working environment
• completing stock replenishment as needed
• providing a food and drinks service in line with club service standards
The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills and be dedicated with the ability to prepare high quality retail food in accordance with food health, safety and hygiene regulations and company standards. Previous experience of working as a cook is required, with a sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques. Food Safety Level 2 qualification is required. This role requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time. Responsibilities include:
• following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders, organising workstations, and assisting other cooks as needed
• ensuring refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy
• having the ability to use various cooking techniques and methods to prepare meals that meet our customers’ expectations
• having the ability to handle multiple food orders without compromising on quality or service delivery
• ensuring food storage and temperature controls are recorded and carried out correctly
• maintaining hygiene and cleanliness of working areas and equipment in line with regulations
• efficiently resolving complaints and queries regarding customer orders
• working in a team to ensure quality service to meet club and customer expectations
Successful applicants will have a mature attitude, excellent communication skills and be IT literate. Applicants must 18 years old and over at the beginning of the football season, 2021/22.
If you are interested in applying for the Public Catering Matchday Staff job vacancies at The Stadium of Light, please complete the application form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Stadium of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
Sunderland AFC recognise that the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC will ensure that safety and protection is given to all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities through adherence to the Safeguarding guidelines adopted by the Club.