Job Vacancy: Match Day Hospitality Waiting On Staff
Manchester United FC is recruiting for Match Day Hospitality Waiting On Staff based at their Old Trafford Stadium.
The Job Role:
The Club currently has 26 suites and 180 boxes which can cater for a variety of needs. This includes the newly developed Red Café and Flagship VIP hospitality area; Number 7 at Old Trafford which ooze luxury and style.
Waiting on staff will work within the hospitality areas within the stadium to serve guests that are attending a match day or event. You will be expected to work effectively as part of team which will be directed by the Room Manager or Supervisor, aiming to go beyond the expectations of all customers to ensure they have a memorable world class experience.
Key responsibilities on a match day will include:
- Set tables and ensure room is ready for the arrival of guests
- inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all glass and silver prior to service
- Ensure uniform, personal appearance and hygiene is kept to a high standard
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs
- Taking food and drink orders, ensuring a prompt and accurate service
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests according to hospitality package
- Answer questions on menu selections; Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, and any general quarries/dissatisfaction
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen and room manager
- Communicate with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach common goals
- Clean and maintain cleanliness of tables/guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to designated areas outlined by room managers or supervisors
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items and occasionally turning rooms around for upcoming events
The ideal candidate will be hands-on with a true passion for people and customer service; willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, along with a positive and pleasant attitude. You will thrive through working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure. You will be a quick learner with the ability to adapt to the different levels of service throughout a match day, showing strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
You must have the capability of working on your own as well as part of a team; taking instruction well. Possess effective communication skills including a good command of spoken and written English as this is essential to be able to communicate and interact with customers.
Experience of working in a restaurant or a conference and banqueting environment is desirable but not essential for this role.
Find out more and apply for the Match Day Hospitality Waiting On Staff job vacancies.