Job Vacancies: Kitchen Porters at Norwich City FC
Delia’s Canary Catering at Norwich City Football Club is looking to recruit kitchen porters to work in their restaurants on first team matchdays.
If you would like the opportunity to work with colleagues who are committed to providing both outstanding food and top-quality service, come and join their winning team.
Whilst experience in catering is preferred, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
Our matchdays are typically on Saturdays with some weekday evening and Sunday matches.
A typical shift is 4 – 8 hours depending on the game and job role. This is a casual, hourly paid position.
In the corporate kitchens, you will be responsible for:
- Upholding the Club’s 5-star food hygiene rating by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in one of the stadium’s 11 kitchens.
- Washing up by hand or using an industrial dishwasher.
- General tasks such as sweeping and mopping floors, sanitising work areas, emptying and cleaning bins.
- Speed of service by ensuring the rapid turnaround of any crockery, cutlery or kitchen items.
- Working under direct supervision of a senior chef, undertaking basic food prep or assisting with an element of live service.
You will have:
- A resilient, calm and confident approach to a fast-paced workplace.
- A strong work ethic with the motivation to complete tasks on time, every time in a high volume kitchen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The commitment and enthusiasm to achieve results.
- A can-do positive attitude and be a team player.
- Pride in your appearance as an ambassador for Delia’s Canary Catering.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- 20% discount in all Club shops.
- 10% discount in Delia’s Restaurant & Bar and Yellows.
- The opportunity to work non matchday events.
- If it is your first job, we will help you grow and develop within the workplace.
- If it’s additional ‘top up’ work to your existing job or studies, then we can provide flexible working hours in a unique working environment.
If you would like to soak up the atmosphere and buzz of a first team matchday please apply. This role does not have an immediate start, the start date is dependent on the return of fans to the stadium.
How to apply:
To apply for the Kitchen Porters job vacancies, please complete an application form at https://careers.canaries.co.uk. All candidates are required to complete an application form rather than submitting a CV.