Job Vacancy: Junior Sous Chef at Staplewood Training Ground (Southampton FC)
Gather & Gather is recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef to join their team at Staplewood Training Ground (Southampton Football Club).
Gather & Gather is known as one of the UK & Irelands most distinctive workplace catering experts. They are passionate about great food and great coffee and putting their employees and customers at the heart of everything that they do. We are currently recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef at the Southampton Football Club Training Ground.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Sous Chef, this position would be ideal for a driven Chef De Partie or experienced Junior Sous wanting to progress into the world of performance food working alongside a team of passionate Chefs aspiring to be at the forefront of sports nutrition this role would suit a Chef with a good sound knowledge working with fresh food.
The role requires you to be responsible for assisting with the preparation, presentation and serving of all food offered to players and staff at Southampton Football Club meeting the high standards expected from the Nutritionist and Performance Chef. This role will be based at Staplewood training ground where nutrition and fresh healthy food is paramount and matches the vison of Gather & Gather, Southampton Football Club’s chosen catering partner. The role will also include some traveling and working away with the team on home and away fixtures with this in mind flexibility is a must.
- To ensure that all menus are produced to the highest possible standard and reflect current trends, seasonal changes, and service styles.
- To assist with the management of the food stock on-site to achieve the target gross profits, pre-vent losses, and ensure all current legislation is adhered to.
- To support the Performance Chef and Sous Chef in completing monthly food stock takes and report on deficiencies or surpluses.
- An ability to cope well under pressure, an excellent team player, a passion for delivering high class food, good organisation skills and the ability to multitask is essential.
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and as part of a team whilst be flexible and adaptable to last minute changes to training.
- To develop / assist developing menus for events and the training ground based on quality, cost, and nutritional constraints.
- To prepare and serve lunch / dinner for conferences, events, banquets, players to Head and Sous Chefs specifications.
- Take overall responsibility for a section within the kitchen.
- Manage waste and stock rotation ensuring wastage report is completed and reporting any discrepancies to Head / Sous Chef.
Find out more and apply for the Junior Sous Chef job vacancy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 15th July 2022.