Job Vacancy: Human Resources & Staffing Manager (Hospitality) – Fabulous Fan Fayre
Twelve Month Maternity Cover
Fabulous Fan Fayre (F3) is recruiting for a Human Resources & Staffing Manager (Hospitality), based in at Manchester City Football Cluband including Watford FC.
F3 is a joint venture between Absolute Taste and Legends of the USA. F3 provides award winning match day and non-match day catering for sporting stadia including Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and Watford FC.
We are now looking to recruit a Human Resources Manager ((Twelve Month Maternity Cover) at M.C.F.C.’s stadium – The Etihad.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Human Resource Manager’s primary function is to develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective resource planning of personnel within the organisation. The principle purpose of the role is to ensure the business employs the right balance of employee’s in terms of skills and experience and that training and development opportunities are identified and available to enhance performance and achieve business objectives within budgets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Implement all HR processes (Recruitment, Appraisals, Training Plans, Career Management, and Disciplinary & Grievance) to provide a comprehensive level of support to the different operating departments.
- Support the leadership team in reviewing salary plans, preparing salary budgets, advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Work closely with all departments, assisting and supporting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Develop, with line managers, HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term employment requirements.
- Implement systems for maintaining current and historic HR records.
- Ensure job descriptions are kept up to date and consistent, create new JD’s as and when necessary.
- Work with Operations and Staffing Departments to ensure events are appropriately staffed within defined budgetary perimeters.
- Recruit employees – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Supervise and plan employee annual appraisals and support line managers to coach and discipline employees.
- Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
- Support and assist in the implementation of cultural change together with the leadership team.
- Analysis and Reporting of HR Analytics.
- Match day & event accreditation and check-in at all matches and events.
- Staffing for Culinary and Hospitality departments on match day & event day.
- Manage customer service team on match & event day and collate analytics post-match & event day to present to the club for feedback.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Ability to manage and communicate clearly and effectively with the team.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
- Can work in a fast-moving environment.
- Maintaining a customer focussed approach to the management of all external relationships.
- Responsive to guidance and instruction.
- Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met.
- Entrepreneurial drive; identifying business needs and creating and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Maintaining well organised and detailed documentation records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Experienced operator in establishing, enhancing and maintaining employee development and appraisal programmes. Able to guide and support decisions around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships.
- An outstanding communicator, used to working in a diverse workforce. Able to handle complex and difficult situations with thought, confidence and sincerity.
- Can demonstrate gravitas, professional and personal credibility and build strong business relationships internally and externally.
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal, an accomplished presenter who can persuade and influence their audience with credible business content.
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach.
- Intellectually strong, able to think strategically yet under operational detail.
- A passion or empathy with sport and entertainment brands as customer experiences.
- An interest in the hospitality sector is preferable.
- CIPD or equivalent qualification desired but not essential.
- A minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience, preferably within a similar fast paced environment.
- Proven experience of implementing and driving HR strategy.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law and current legislation and familiar with best practice on all Human Resource issues including redundancy, TUPE etc. Experienced in coaching managers through these processes and leading where necessary.
Closing Date: 15th March 2019
Find out more and apply for the Human Resources & Staffing Manager (Hospitality) job vacancy at Manchester City FC.