Job Vacancy: Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales at Burnley FC
Burnley FC is recruiting for a Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales to join their team at Turf Moor in Lancashire.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- £Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Long service holidays
- Free parking
- Death in service benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free access to health and wellbeing services
- Access to store discounts/cashback
- BFC retail store discount
- 2 x complimentary home matchday tickets after six months
- Discounted gym membership
Full time: 35 hours per week to be worked 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You will be required to work home match days in which time can be taken back in lieu.
An opportunity has become available for an individual to lead us forward as Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales. Since the acquisition of the club by ALK Capital, we have continued to invest in our facilities to offer new and upgraded opportunities to engage with the club. In advance of the 2022/23 season we completed an overhaul of the Clearly Interiors Longside Lounge and Centenary Lounge creating a cosmopolitan space for approximately 300 covers on a matchday and a unique event space on non-matchdays. Our 8 executive boxes are now top of the range providing an intimate atmosphere for supporting the Clarets. We have increased opportunities at entry level hospitality, explored new off-site hospitality for games with highest demand and are on pace for record sales as we stand in the 2022/23 season. This is just the start of our ambition. On a matchday we cater for over 1,000 clients and we intend to increase the number and variety of our offerings. We also run a robust non-matchday business that continues to grow and evolve.
The Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales will be accountable for driving revenue for matchday events. This will involve the management of a small but committed sales team, accountability for an end-to-end sales process and an integral role in the continued innovation in the type of product/service offering we provide.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of hospitality sales staff.
- Work closely with other departments (e.g. media & marketing) to drive inbound enquiries.
- Innovate around the design and execution of new products and services to take to market.
- Manage annual sales process for season renewals and in-season to drive new and renewal clients.
- Develop relationships with corporate clients to offer and sell a broad spectrum of products.
- Identify relationships with 3rd party providers to drive international sales via match package weekends.
- Attend sector and trade shows on behalf of Burnley FC to drive increased interest.
- Lead on reporting of hospitality sales vs. financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Ensure a keen focus on driving high yield via minimising discounting where possible.
- Maintain a key eye on the market to identify and interpret hospitality trends.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional leader and/or have leadership potential.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Analytical and numbers focused.
- Creative in identifying and executing against solutions.
The ideal candidate will have extensive sales experience and it is absolutely not necessary to have experience of working within football and/or sport.
Please apply for the Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales job vacancy at Burnley FC, by forwarding a cover letter and an up-to-date CV to HR@burnleyfc.com
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.