Job Vacancy: Head Chef at Watford FC (Vicarage Road)
Purpose of role
Fabulous Fan Fayre is a joint venture between Absolute Taste and Legends of the USA.
F3 provides award winning match day and non-match day catering for sporting stadia including Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and Watford FC.
We are now looking to recruit a Head Chef in Watford’s stadium – Vicarage Road
Find out more and apply for the Head Chef job vacancy at Watford FC by emailing CV’s to Kirsty Ashman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation of these areas are achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To set ‘Food Specs’ and ‘Photos’ with recipe cards for the Conference and Events and assist with the specs for Match Day
- Assist in assessing ‘Market Trends’ to identify new commercial opportunities by developing business cases.
- To assist in the implementation and mobilisation of catering and hospitality capital projects.
- Increasing catering spend per head.
- Identifying efficiencies within the match day catering operation that improve ‘P& L’ and operational performance.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygiene food handling are achieved at all times by all employees within kitchen areas to the company health and safety standards.
- To ensure that all employees are trained to a level which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees always adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate.
- To achieve budgeted cost of sales
- To ensure the control of all department equipment.
- To ensure appropriate paperwork for example ‘Goods Received’, ‘Temperature Records’ and ‘Fridge Record Sheets’, ‘HACCP’ and ‘COSHH’ are completed and are filed in accordance with set guidelines.
- To prepare the casual employee rotas and ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating budget.
- To attend weekly meetings to discuss forthcoming business.
- To ensure that all menu planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed ensuring operating targets are met.
- To ensure hygiene audits are carried out regularly and to carry out six monthly risk assessments in all kitchen areas.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of managing events in large scale restaurants within a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient user of excel and word.
- Customer focused, and solutions driven.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident leader of people with good motivational qualities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Team player with an understanding of people.
- Open minded and able to embrace change.
- Ethical and honest.
- A “can do and will do” attitude.