James’ Park is home to Newcastle United Football Club. The jewel in the crown of the city of Newcastle, St James’ Park boasts one of the largest, state-of-the-art meeting, conference and banqueting facilities in the North East and is perfect for all types of events.
You will be responsible for the run of 16 kitchens on match days, including fine-dining, and will have the freedom and opportunity to bring your creativity to the table.
We offer an excellent work life balance with the support and encouragement to further develop your career. If you are a pro-active, confident Head Chef who enjoys being hands-on and managing a team, apply now!
- Oversee a large diverse team, lead the by example and take responsibility when needed, act with initiative, demonstrate energy and enthusiasm
- Deliver prompt and efficient production/ preparation and service of meals to the Company and Client’s satisfaction
- Act with due-diligence to ensure that all food is prepared with care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements and allergies, accurately reporting and recording allergen information
- Monitor waste, ensuring that it is kept to a minimum and action plans are put in place as necessary
- Demonstrate innovation in our food service offers
- Manage the cleanliness and hygiene and oversee all health and safety of the operation to the required standard
- Manage and control purchasing and labour costs to achieve annual budget
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience catering to high volumes and fine-dining experience
- IOSH or Advanced Food Hygiene Certification
- CIEH Level 3 or relevant NVQ/Diploma
- Proactive, team-player with excellent time-management and leadership skills
- Confident with strong communication skills, able to interface at all levels
- Highly organised, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Be flexible and adaptable in all aspects – working hours will vary, dependent on match and event days
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Closing Date: 29th October 2021
£35,000 per annum
Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Find out more and apply for the Head Chef job vacancy at Newcastle United FC.