Head Cellar Person at Newcastle United Football Club
Newcastle United Football Club
Sodexo’s heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by their passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years they have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, they help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- To ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality cellar service throughout matchday, non-matchday and special events operation leading to achievement of liquor related targets and budgets.
- To ensure that all cellars and beverage storage areas are always clean and well maintained so that best possible quality of product is always being served.
- To ensure that all cellar team members are adequately trained and have an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of products and promotions.
- To manage ordering, delivery and rotation of all beverage stock and relevant equipment to ensure that all areas are sufficiently stocked based on anticipated business/sales.
- To contribute to achievement of liquor GP% through accurate monthly and annual stocktaking.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience cellar management within a large operation with high volume conference and banqueting and special event business essential.
- National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders essential.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills essential, providing the ability giving the ability to recruit, train, manage and motivate a skilled cellar workforce.
- Experience of ordering and delivery process as well as monthly and annual stocktaking essential.
- Experience of managing EPOS systems both front and back of house.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with diverse range of suppliers, team members and guests essential.
- Experience managing diverse teams.
- Experience working within a sports and leisure/stadia.
- Extensive knowledge and/or qualification in wine, food pairing and mixology.
- Experience working within a sports and leisure/stadia environment desirable.
About The CompanyIn the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.