Position has now been filled.
Job Vacancy: Graphic Designer at Birmingham City FC
Department: Brand & Marketing
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL Salary: Competitive
Application Closing Date: 07/07/19
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Brand and Marketing department to fulfil the role of Graphic Designer. We are looking for a creative, multi-disciplined Graphic Designer to work as part of in-house team to work across various media from marketing campaigns, web work, video graphics, editorials, leaflets and brochures. As a Graphic Designer, you will be self-motivated individual with a lot of creativity and enthusiasm who keeps up to date with the latest design trends. You will support in the delivery of high impact creative ideas and concepts, that meet the brief objectives and connect with our supporters and customers across multiple channels, including, marketing, PR and digital formats.
The role includes managing and producing all design work along with the following:
SCOPE OF DUTIES
• To produce artwork for all projects in line with the brand style for each area of the business including retail, ticketing, memberships, commercial events
• To develop seasonal styles for all areas of the business that are creative and in line with the targeted audience
• To produce artwork for the BCFC website(s) & social media channels including static and animated gif graphics where required
• To produce email templates for all areas of the business
• To follow work to a high standard using Clubs brand guidelines
• Effective time and work load management to ensure all tasks are completed quickly but to a high standard
• Be active in the planning and creation stage of projects
• Able to contribute new ideas and monitor design and industry trends
• A brand guardian to Birmingham City Women’s overseeing all BCWFC artwork
• Confident in pitching and presenting ideas to senior staff
• The scope of these duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the organisation and relevant regulatory bodies, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required
PERSON SPECIFICATION – GRAPHIC DESIGNER
• Degree Level design qualification
• Video editing Skills
• Animation skills
• Illustration skills
• 3D Drawing skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to exceed supporter/customer expectation whilst operating within a budget
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Able to keep up to date with other Clubs activity
• Show respect for the Clubs history and heritage
• Fully computer literate – including proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Show initiative and confidence in own ability with a positive attitude to undertake any aspect of the job role
• Good communication, written and oral skills, good judgement, confident, persuasive, approachable, dependable, professional
• Displays no prejudice when working with others
• Works to improve relationships
• Desire to be the best in the field
• Ability to use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) Mac based.
• Ability with animation or using Adobe After effects would be an advantage Desirable Requirements
• Experienced Designer with a wide knowledge
• Have experience working quickly and efficiently to produce quality work
• Confident pitching and presenting to senior staff
• Experience with working within a sporting environment or stadia, including football
• Knowledge of the print process
• Strive to gain the club recognition for their work
Once you have completed your application on Octo First Class, if you wish to send a supporting portfolio please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The interview process will consist of a face-to-face interview and presentation.
Find out more and apply for the Graphic Designer job vacancy at Birmingham City FC.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Birmingham City FC is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.