Job Vacancy: Events Manager – Planning (The London Stadium)
Delaware North UK is hiring for an Events Manager – Planning to join our London based sales team at The London Stadium. Delaware North is a global leader in hospitality at sporting venues, national parks, airports, and casinos in North America, the UK and Australia. In the UK you can find us at iconic venues like the above alongside, Wembley Stadium and Emirates Stadium.
A day in the life of an Events Manager – Planning
- The Events Manager – Planning, will foster and enable great working relationships with clients utilizing our different events spaces, for a variety of event styles, across the venues on non-event days.
- Leading the planning process from signed contracts to on-the-day handover, the Events Manager will be the key liaison between the client and venue key stake holders and delivery teams.
- Ensuring we obtain, process and perfectly plan all information in the agreed departmental timeframes.
- Be responsible for ensuring contracted values are matched, but also up-sell and engage repeat event sales in order to enhance the guest experience and produce further profit-making opportunities.
- They will work with varied customers, evaluate budgets and determine ways to simplify and improve both the sales and event planning processes.
- Working directly with the Senior Sales Manager and Meeting & Events Director to ensure all commercial opportunities are implemented and team members product knowledge is accurate at all times.
A few perks of the job
- Generous 33 days holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Favourable pension contributions
- Access to LifeWorks, a wellness, perks and discount app
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships with individuals at all company levels.
- Experience within a similar company environment in a comparable focus.
- Excellent knowledge of food and event hospitality.
- Proven track sales record.
- Ability to demonstrate a wide range of event experience.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Proactive and flexible approach to workload.
- Enthusiastic, positive and motivated attitude.
- Possess great organisational skills.
- Have a good focus on attention to detail.
- Proven experience as an administrative position.
- Competent skills in Word, ExCeL, Powerpoint etc
- Dynamic personality
- Diligent & trustworthy
- Pro-active attitude
- Highly Motivated
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
The hospitality industry is built upon the roots of diversity and here at Delaware North UK we are proud to bring talent together from all walks of life. Are you ready to grow your career with Delaware North? Apply today!
Find out more and apply for the Events Manager – Planning job vacancy at The London Stadium.