Job Vacancy: Duty Manager at Sunderland AFC
Sunderland AFC is recruiting for a Duty Manager in supporting the Senior Management team within the Hospitality and Events department at the Stadium of Light.
- Cover in the Senior Managers’ absence.
- General day-to-day running of the front of house operations within the facility.
- To be conversant with all paperwork involved in running the branch, working within the budget guidelines for wet and dry GPs.
- Share responsibility for tills within the facility.
- Facility security with fire panel management / cover
- Promotional ideas to improve sales within the department.
- To maintain/develop standards and control the operational systems as follows:
- Linen control
- Kitchen service areas
- Storage areas
- AV equipment
- General equipment
- Presentation and appearance of facility
- Cleanliness of facility
- General organisation
- Apply recruitment and training procedures as required with an understanding of HR procedures.
- Event management within the facility
- To interact with clients to ensure customer satisfaction. Also, to handle customer queries, comments, and complaints.
- Identification of training needs within full-time and part time staff and implement adequate training with an understanding of HR procedures.
- Ensure that the cleanliness and appearance of staff are always met.
- To maintain and develop the standards within the operation.
- To act as the day-to-day Front of House Floor Manager.
- Employee discipline with an understanding of HR procedures.
- Ensure that daily start up and close down checks are applied and implemented.
- Allocate staffing roles for day-to-day operations.
- To manage the set up and event and standards monitoring system.
- To assist in administrative duties as specified by management.
- Any other reasonable request made by the management.
Experience of working with venue booking systems and be fully computer literate. Hold a Level 3 or above in Food Safety Management and BII License Holder.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), with working hours being flexible around business demands and include all home matches and special events, including evening and weekend work as required. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
Closing Date: 24th September 2022
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this Duty Manager position, please email your CV and covering letter stating your current salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for all applications is 24 September 2022.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Stadium of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.