Job Vacancy: Conference & Events Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Conference & Events – Fabulous Fan Fayre
Fabulous Fan Fayre at Watford FC is recruiting for a Conference & Events Sales Manager.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager, with a strong background in pro-active sales, specifically within the conference and events industry. It is a high profile role and key to the central plans of the business and involves working with existing, known and unknown potential customers to build solid revenue streams, and ensuring the venue remains competitive and innovative.
- Support the Sales & Marketing Manager in designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Assist the Sales & Marketing Manager in the management and execution of a Sales and Marketing plan to provide sustainable growth to the conference & events business.
- Assist in assessing market trends to identify new commercial opportunities developing business cases and realise benefits
- Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, attending local trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the organisation’s potential client database
- Attend networking events on a regular basis to establish new relationships and ensure presence within the local area
- Production of cold calling plan to increase penetration within the local markets
- Lead generation including researching and targeting companies and individuals for sales presentations
- Maintain relations with local Convention Visitor Bureau, Chambers of Commerce and all agencies public and corporate that can benefit the venues
- Assist sales team with site inspections and meetings with clients
- Prepare and provide required reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager including profit and loss statements, sales recaps, and departmental projections
- Utilise the feedback from clients following each event to determine and analyse client satisfaction, organisational performance, and follow up any potential business leads.
- Sales execution including: initial contact, scheduling of appointments, face-to-face presentations, follow-up, closing of sales and contract negotiation.
- Confidence to plan and coordinate sales meetings, presentations and events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive
- Create and maintain effective working relationships
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently
- Have the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Maintaining a customer focussed approach to the management of all external relationships
- Administrative and record keeping skills
- Demonstrate a good level of PC literacy
- Numerate to a good level of competence
- Literate with a good command of English, both spoken and written
- Responsive to guidance and instruction
- Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met
- Highly self motivated
- Performing commercially to deliver profitable growth
- Entrepreneurial drive; identifying business needs and creating and implementing solutions
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Maintaining well organised and detailed documentation records
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Experience of working in a similar position within a conference & events team for at least 2 years
- Knowledge of the local area
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
Closing Date: 26th February 2018
Find our more and apply for the Conference & Events Sales Manager job vacancy at Watford FC by emailing Rebecca Pickard at firstname.lastname@example.org.