Job Vacancy: Commercial Sales Executive at Birmingham City FC
Location: St Andrew’s Trillion Trophy Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Hours of work: 37.5hrs week
Salary: Competitive, plus commission & benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this unique environment for a Commercial Sales Executive to join the thriving Commercial department at Birmingham City FC.
Based at St. Andrews Trillion Trophy Stadium, we are looking for a highly motivated, target driven and determined individual who can demonstrate a proven track record of achieving high level, repeat and new business sales.
This role requires tenacious, professional, and business focused individuals with a passion for sales and ideally a knowledge of football (although this is not essential).
Reporting to the Business Development Manager and working within a strong team, you will be tasked with meeting & exceeding individual and team sales targets through the active selling of the Club’s seasonal hospitality facilities, match-to-match hospitality packages and other club commercial events. Some individual account management duties will also be required. Good communication and organisation skills and an ability to identify and implement other opportunities is essential.
Sales via existing & new customer contact will be required through networking, cold calling & progression of warm leads to ensure the continued growth & development of the Club’s commercial product. Experience of using CRM in a proactive manner within a sales environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
On home match-days the successful candidate will be required to work alongside the existing commercial team to ensure the smooth delivery of the corporate function across the Stadium.
Birmingham City’s Commercial Department is a target driven environment where commitment to achieving results is required and initiative is encouraged.
- A good standard of Education
- Educated to degree level
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to meet targets and set KPIs
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation, and customer service skills is essential
- Ability to identify opportunities, and show initiative
- Able to manage existing customer relationships, and proactively develop new customer relationships
- Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations
- Confident and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Manages their own development
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent presentation skills that inspire the audience
- Collaborates across the business to come up with new ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills
- Commercially driven and financially astute
- Experience in sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques
- Worked within football previously
- Role models good team behaviour
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with a background in target driven sales environments and good organization skills also essential.
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
- Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
A full Job Description can be provided on request by emailing email@example.com
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Find out more and apply for the Commercial Sales Executive job vacancy at Birmingham City FC.