Job Vacancy: Business Development Executive
Chelsea FC is recruiting for a Business Development Executive at their Stamford Bridge stadium.
Job Title: Business Development Executive – 6 month FTC
Reporting Into: SNR Business Development Manager
Job Function: Business Development proactively promote, sell and drive business into the venue – predominately into match day (MD) and non-match day (NMD) business across the UK, Europe and Globally.
Contribute towards building the hospitality waitlist (Season 17/18), promote and driving new seasonal business and match by match hospitality. Proactively promote the meeting & event facilities on site, drive new business from third party agencies, corporates & support the meeting & events team with enquiry conversion.
To work closely within the Business Development Team, Hospitality Sales, Client Services and The Meeting and Events team.
- Proactive sales role (Matchday, Non Matchday & Venue)
- Make a number of proactive calls to secure meetings and site inspections
- Key account management, Research new leads and make appointments
- European Travel & representation at Exhibitions, forums and sales missions
- Attend networking events to build new relationships
- To maintain accurate, database records of all accounts, detailing content of all meetings and telephone conversations held with clients via Microsoft Dynamics
- Ensure that all enquiries are either responded to or handed to the relevant sales department
- Assist as required in chasing up and converting existing business via established relationships.
- Work closely with the BDM’s
- To build the waitlist for the new season 17/18
- To generate new seasonal hospitality leads for suites, boxes and large seat allocations
- To generate new match by match leads for boxes and large seat allocations
- Identify, communicate and action potential sales leads and be commercially aware
- To generate new business in major regions
- To respond positively to sales opportunities by identifying and establish new opportunities within the accounts, whilst continuing to develop and expand current accounts.
- Educate yourself on relevant Hospitality packages, availability, price structure and package details.
- Share weekly pro-active sales reports with your manager
Meeting & Events:
- Create leads for M&E ensuring all customers receive a friendly and efficient response
- Identify, communicate and action potential sales leads
- Identify key target customers both existing and new
- Confirm & co-ordinate onsite & offsite meetings and site inspections
- Ensure that any enquiries that require assistance in follow up and/or conversion are followed up and updated on the system
Required skills & personal requirements:
- Experience of generating new business leads & account management
- Achieving weekly/monthly targets
- Proven background working in a proactive sales role – in either a Hotel, Venue or Matchday Sales role for a minimum of two years
- Experience of exhibiting at industry exhibitions & attending networking events
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both internally and externally with ability to build and manage successful business relationships
- Outstanding communication, organisational skills, time management & verbal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Pro-active approach with ability to work under own initiative and also in a team
- Experience with CRM Dynamics
- A team player
Find out more and apply for the Business Development Executive job vacancy at Chelsea FC.