Job Vacancy: AV Technician at Allianz Park
LOCATION: Allianz Park, Greenlands Lane, Hendon, London, NW4 1RL
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent. Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: AV support for all events hosted at Allianz Park and manage day-to-day AV requirements for the business
We are seeking to engage with a creative and energetic AV technician. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all AV requirements within the stadium during events held at Allianz Park. They will coordinate and liaise with all internal/external clients to address their needs/requirements. We are looking to have someone on board very soon as we will be holding an event which we will require support for at the end of August. It is extremely pertinent that the candidates are flexible with their hours as a degree of flexibility will be required to carry out the role as sometimes the hours may vary according to times and duration of events.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and address all AV requirements for events (internal/external) and coordinate all daily setup, which also includes coordination, follow-up with different departments and clients/guests who would need AV support. The technician will be required to work on flexible shifts and work long hours to the benefit of the event. The technician will also assist in match days where they will form part of the team managing sound and play a role with AV support.
- Manage all AV requirements for all nonmatch-day events (such as weddings, conferences, meetings, and any other possible event
- Control sound requirements on match days (sound desk, sound in boxes, hospitality areas and around the stadium)
- Ensure optimal use of the AV equipment and correct install during match days (camera support, setting up the optical fibre for the match day)
- Ensure IPTV (Internal TV system) system is in working order and used to its fullest potential (for all events and matchdays)
- Process enquiries & proposals, providing best value options to customers while dealing with email and phone enquiries accurately and within brand guidelines
- Provide direct liaison with customer and suppliers ensuring clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations
- To communicate effectively and timely with all company related departments or teams requiring AV support
- Maintain excellent AV technology knowledge at all times
- Report all maintenance issues related to the AV equipment
- Video requirements on non-match days
- Ensure all cabling for both audio and video is in working condition across the stadium
- Assist with the AV requirements when Saracens host home games away from the stadium.
Role Specific Duties
- Experience in configuring, setting-up systems as given below in subsections of Audio, Video and Lighting
- Knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues, instantly pinpointing faults and remedy during an event under Audio, Video and Lighting
- Experience in handling events
- Experience in general requirements
- Experience in the sound and video system at the stadium would be beneficial
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office applications and Windows XP.
- Knowledge to install a printer, scanner, internet connectivity
- A good command in English: Spoken and written.
- Good personality
- Commitment and ability to work on flexible shifts and days off and long hours, ability to provide lateral service to other department with different job characteristics (Conferences, Events, Weddings).
- Speaker systems and Amps, Biamp methods, Triamp methods
- Audio Mixers, FOH, Monitor consoles (Knowledge in 4 Aux, 8 bus, matrix configuration, inserts, routing)
- Mics: All types and kinds methods of operation
- Set-up speakers around the stadium for different events including match day
- Conference Mic systems
- Effect processors: compressors, Delays, limiters, feedback eliminators.
- Experience in any Intelligent Lighting Desk or a Scan Commander and experience in Programming Moving Light Fixtures
- Knowledge of Generic and Intelligent Lighting.
Optional requirement (an advantage, not essential):
- Trussing and Rigging
- Video Conferencing
Person Specification (Essential Requirements)
2 years compulsory experience in Audio Visual with ICIA certified tests in:
4-year Diploma/HND (Higher National Diploma) or equivalent, in Electronics Engineering.
Equivalent qualifications as per the subjects given below. With at least two years compulsory experience in Audio Visual.
At least 2 years’ experience in Audio-visual with Ritz Carlton/Marriott’s based MVP certifications, levels 1 and 2.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Computer literate and confident in MS Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and any production software)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with different AV equipment and understand the use thereof.
- Ability to address any customer or departmental queries effectively
- Instil customer trust and confidence in the ability to deliver the services required
- Ability to deal both on the phone and in electronic communications effectively with clients and venues and to gain support of internal colleagues
- Passionate about delivering a professional work and customer service
- Ability to multi-task, think fast and to deliver solutions to customer requirements
- Possess diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgment
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Enjoys a challenge
- A good sense of humour, flexible and forward thinking to anticipate problems before they arise.
Motivations & Expectations:
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Self-started, drive, ambition
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A “can-do” attitude
- To be an excellent ambassador for the Company.
Find out more and apply for the AV Technician job vacancy at Saracens by emailing your CV to Sahra Kirk, HR Director. Please attach a covering letter stating your suitability to the role.