Job Vacancy: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at DW Stadium in Wigan
The DW Stadium is recruiting for an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to organise and oversee the provision of a high-quality experience for all customers through the effective management of the daily operations of the hospitality departments, conferencing, banqueting and bars.
· Ensure all conference and banqueting rooms and bars are set correctly and that events are run to the highest possible standards enhancing the quality of service and in turn enhancing customer satisfaction
· Deputise in absence of the Stadium Catering Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department on all daily and weekly tasks
· Liaise with the sales team and directly with clients to ensure that all their individual requirements
· Drive the effective performance of the department by providing leadership which sets high expectations of all staff, addresses development needs and tackles any poor performance effectively
· Create an environment which promotes staff morale and encourages staff members to take pride in their job role, ensuring maximum efficiency
The successful candidate will:
· Hold a GCSE (A*-C) in English and Maths
· Hold a basic hygiene qualification
· Have demonstrable experience of operating in and managing a large catering, conferencing and banqueting operation
To apply for the position please complete the application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. Please return your completed application to email@example.com or to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
Find out more about the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager job vacancy at DW Stadium.
Closing date: 17th January 2020
The group is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The group is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.