Generate new business sales for matchday hospitality products, achieving challenging targets and KPIs, through building strong relationships with large local businesses and SMEs and developing the club’s existing corporate database. Additional responsibility for achieving targets for executive box and seasonal hospitality revenues, plus non-matchday event revenue targets e.g., End of Season Awards Dinner, Play on the Pitch, Golf Days etc.
- The primary objective is to secure New Business sales through a professional network of high-level contacts, both local and national, via customer meetings, telephone sales and e-targeting.
- Pro-actively seeks new opportunities and grow existing corporate portfolio/business and provide regular sales reports on activity undertaken to the Hospitality Manager.
- To provide weekly/monthly detailed forecasting on new meetings, potential new business, on a defined basis to the Hospitality Manager and to achieve monthly and annual targets and KPI’s set by the Hospitality Manager & Head of Sales.
- To sell a programme of non-matchday events for the stadium and for all other club assets i.e., Seagrave training ground etc.
Summary of Duties
- To maintain professional customer liaison at all times in respect of the initial contact and subsequent follow-up meetings and to ensure that a customer-focused culture is maintained, delivering the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- To maintain detailed sports hospitality industry knowledge and continually develop the company’s products and services.
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities to support and/or develop the diversity and inclusion within the team and wider Club.
- An outbound sales specialist with a proven track record of sales and customer excellence.
- A demonstrable record of consistently achieving targets.
- Ideally a minimum of 3/5 years’ experience of working in a dynamic sales environment, with an understanding of the sports hospitality industry.
- A personal network of high-level business, decision-maker, and hospitality-purchaser contacts.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and a flexible approach to work.
- An excellent team player who works well within a team environment, co-operates with others, considers the needs of others, and helps others to achieve objectives (team and personal).
- Able to communicate and negotiate at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to self-manage and develop staff to achieve results.
- A creative thinker, with the ability to use his/her own initiative to develop successful plans and strategies.
- A strategic thinker, able to create and implement short, medium and long-term plans and project manage these to successful completion.
- Highly self-motivated and commercially astute with a proactive approach to the role.
- The ability to be calm, composed and to thrive under pressure with resilience and the ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanour at all times.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent IT skills (including excellent MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Thorough knowledge of data usage and data bases, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Educated to at least A level/similar. A degree would be considered desirable.
- Smart and professional in appearance.
- Interest in football/sports industry is desirable.
- To be able to work on matchday weekends and evenings, including Public Holidays.
- To comply and promote the Club’s policies and procedures to include Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and GDPR compliance.
- Understanding of the governance, security and cyber security requirements including areas such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- To undertake required training including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Safeguarding Induction.
Find out more and apply for the Hospitality Business Development Executive job vacancy at Leicester City FC.
See more about The King Power Stadium in Leicester.