At Gather & Gather, we are known as one of the UK & Irelands most distinctive workplace catering experts, we are passionate about great food and great coffee and putting our employees and customers at the heart of everything that we do. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Executive Chef to join our passionate and focused team at Southampton Football Club.
You will be responsible for the full management of the kitchen and kitchen team at the Stadium and deliver all budgetary targets and provide high standards of customer service.
Working with the General Manager of Catering you will build a strong relationship with the client and will embody our passion for food providence, quality, and fresh ingredients.
- Oversee the development and planning of menus that are in line with client and customer expectations
- Ensure that all food is prepared to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness, and flavour
- Liaise with the Chef team to ensure that all appropriate ingredients are available for the menus being prepared and where necessary identify shortages and instigate action to source ingredients
- Ensure stock ordering and stocktaking is coordinated for the entire operation.
- Ensure that budgetary targets are achieved on site through a thorough understanding of GP, GP%, selling price, cost price, margin, mark up and calculation of menu costs through recipes.
- Control costs through efficient purchasing and use of existing stock whilst ensuring that th Gather and Gather standards and style is maintained.
- Responsible for undertaking weekly and monthly stock takes
- Administer unit controls and keep records using the appropriate systems
Managing/ Developing a Team
- Overall responsibility for managing the kitchen team, ensuring that they are all are aware of Gather and Gather standards and carry out their jobs in line with those standards
- Lead, train and nurture future talent within our business.
- Carry out performance appraisals as and when directed by the company.
- Contribute to the induction of new staff into their position.
Health and Safety
- Understand and comply with Gather and Gather and statutory health, hygiene and safety, quality standards including COSHH and HACCP and to ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance these standards by all members of the kitchen team
- Ensure that the kitchen team have completed up to date COSHH and Food Hygiene training.
- Ensure equipment and food temperature readings are taken and recorded daily
- Ensure all food is labelled and dated in fridges and freezers.
- Seek customer feedback during service and use the information to develop the food and food service offering
- Maintain a professional and friendly image with the client and customers
- Work effectively with all colleagues at Gather and Gather and Southampton Football Club to ensure excellent customer service.
Find out more and apply for the Executive Chef job vacancy at St. Mary’s Stadium in Southampton.
See more about the facilities at Southampton FC.
See more stadium job vacancies.