Welford Road, the home of Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, has become the latest stadia venue to join the Lime Venue Portfolio.
The historic ground joins the group of 80+ unique and unusual venues, further adding to the portfolio’s geographic reach, particularly in Leicester where it joins the King Power Stadium, home of Leicester City Football Club.
As part of the agreement, LVP’s sister company and leading sport and entertainment caterer, Levy UK, will implement a new catering vision for both match day and conference and events within the stadium. Meanwhile, Lime Venue Portfolio will support the stadium’s conference and events business with its own award-winning sales and marketing function.
Andrea Pinchen, Commercial Director, Leicester Tigers says: “We have a really strong conference and events product here at Welford Road, and ambitious plans for growth within this market. Joining Lime Venue Portfolio allows us to accelerate our plans by partnering with a well-respected and influential venue group. The portfolio has really good partner relationships with key agencies and many national corporate businesses, places where we know our facilities have much to offer.”
Jo Austin, Sales Director, Lime Venue Portfolio adds: “An important part of our growth as a business has been our ability to provide event organisers with multiple venue options across the UK, each with consistently high standards. We’re seeing more and more enquiries looking to hold meetings and events in the region, driven by an increase in promotional activity around Leicester’s historic, sporting and cultural heritage.
“Our partnership with Leicester Tigers allows us to continue to service this demand, adding to the strength of our venue options in a region that is really opening itself up for conference and events business.”
Leicester Tigers will be in good company within the sporting credentials of the group, alongside newly promoted Sheffield United’s home, Bramall Lane; Villa Park, home of Aston Villa; Cardiff City Stadium; Twickenham, Kia Oval and Edgbaston, all homes to elite level football, rugby and cricket respectively.
Find out more about conferences and events at stadium venues.
About Lime Venue Portfolio:
- The UK’s largest portfolio of diverse, unique, sporting and cultural meeting and event venues.
- Launched in 2008 and since then have become the leading group venue finder for meeting, conference and event bookers looking to hire diverse venues.
- They bring together over 80 nationwide venues, all operated by Compass Group UK & Ireland – The market leader in contract catering, in pursuit of a common purpose – to build their meeting, incentive, conference and event business.
- They work with Compass Group UK & Ireland sister brands Levy UK, RA Venues, Payne & Gunter Venues, The Jockey Club Venues, Chartwells and the Venues Collection to deliver great tasting food and memorable experiences.
- For more information please take a look at www.limevenueportfolio.com