Job Vacancy: Hospitality Sales Executive at Manchester United Football Club
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Hospitality Sales Executive to join the Hospitality and Events Sales department at Manchester United Football Club. The Hospitality Sales Executive will be responsible for increasing the sale of Executive Club (seasonal) and Match day VIP (game by game) hospitality facilities, to ensure annual sell-out of all seasonal hospitality seats, as well as the growth of Match day VIP attendees.
Closing Date: 14th August 2017
Post Title: Hospitality Sales Executive
Accountable to: Hospitality Sales Team Leader
Rate of Pay and Benefits: Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience and the level of responsibility undertaken in the post. Benefits include membership of the Group Pension Scheme, up to 25 days paid annual leave and an Occupational Sickness Scheme.
– Meet and exceed sales targets set via project KPI’s e.g. revenue target, number of calls per day, number of appointments made per week
– Ensure that all sales enquiries are handled within sales guidelines, SOP’s and enquiry handling standards
– Ensure that all telephone calls (in and out bound) are handled in a timely and professional manner
– Lead the follow up process for large marketing campaigns/activity through outbound telemarketing as required
– Research and establish new target markets & business streams in line with departmental objectives
– Effectively communicate with clients throughout the booking process to ensure full understanding and management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities
– Work closely with the Executive Club Team to ensure that all client details and requirements are passed over once the sale of the hospitality facility has been carried out
– Work with the United Events Sales team to identify cross-selling and lead generation opportunities
– Ensure effective systems usage is maintained and that clean and accurate records are held
– Assist with the production of sales and team activity reports as required
– Record, analyse and report according to systems and requirements.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
– Relevant degree/qualification, or equivalent professional experience
– Proven experience of exceeding new sales targets in a pro-active B2B and/or B2C role
– Evidence of successful cold-call telemarketing
– Face to face sales experience (desirable)
– Strong negotiation skills
– A practical approach to problem solving
– Ability to work in a multi-task, highly pressurised environment
– The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner
– A commitment to driving continuous improvement in their working environment
– Sound personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative
– A high level of computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft office or similar packages.
Hours of Work:
The employee is required to work 35 hours per week plus match days and special events as they occur. Hours of work should be planned in accordance with the demands of the business.
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service. Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and / or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential. To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
This is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Hospitality & Event Sales and the Hospitality Sales Management Team, from time to time.
To find out more or apply for the Hospitality Sales Executive job vacancy at Manchester United Football Club, please click here.